Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

More Nikon D3 rumors

Started by CeeDave ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

More Nikon D3 rumors

18 posts
  1. I'd love it if that image was true. Would probably fit in my D2X housing. But I suspect it is a PSed D2X.

  2. Unfortunately these websites are well aware if they publish rumour articles they will get loads of hits and keep their advertisers happy.

     

    Nikon will certainly produce a D3 series. And it may be announced soon, and most probably this year. It the D3x version is FF, or close, then it would have a much larger prism than this and which would cause problems sticking it in D2 housings. Also Nikon have a track record of updating their bodies with each generation - so I would expect it not to fit easily in housings. Although I'd love to be proved wrong.

     

    Alex

  3. I went and played with a 12 mega pixel PNS today so its not hard to think an SLR would be in the wings. Epson uses a photo from a 16megapixel

    SLR for its 9300 printer ad here in Japan too.

  4. Oh, I agree that the image of the camera is probably PS'd. But if you follow some of the links, you can at least find some posts that seem to make sense from Thom Hogan, who I rate as pretty credible in this area.

  5. I

     

    Will

     

    Believe

     

    It

     

    When

     

    I

     

    See

     

    It

     

     

    Until then, the best source for real info seems to be bere at Photography Bay. Nikon especially doesn't tell us anything, they know the press can't keep a secret!

     

    All the best, James

  6. Yep, I am with everybody else, this is just a rumor. Rumors like these by the way are flying rampant at DPReview; I stopped visiting their forums, all they seem to talk about there these days is the non-existent D3.

  7. Lets keep the rumors going :)

     

    Someone I know claims to be working on the D3 ad campaign, and claims there will be a D3h and D3x announced in August, together with 25 new lenses. The D3x at least supposedly was FF. I told him I dont believe that.. unless they want to replace the whole current production line with VR. Sounds fishy to me.

     

    Cor

  8. no matter, i will be sticking with my trusty D70s

     

    :)

  9. Because of housing cost and delay, I will be using my d70 underwater for a while, yet, too. But I am craving a few more pixels, more DR, less noise, and faster focusing for my shots on dry land, and will consider the d3x or d300 when they finally do come out. A bigger sensor could help DR and pixels at the same time. Later may be better, in terms of me actually being able to afford it.

  10. oh, don't get me wrong, i would love all that too! But I won't be doing that for a long time

     

    What does pique my interest is the 25 lenses Cor mentions, that is an interesting development

  11. The scary thing about the 25 lenses unsubstantiated 2nd hand comment is that it prompts speculation that Nikon have abandoned the F-mount design and are coming out with a whole new range of lenses for the new mount.

     

    :) OMG, it's the EOS debacle all over again :):P

  12. Had a future proofing conversation with one of the Nikon Lens guys at PMA a few months ago. The conversation was led in the area of recomending full frame lenses as the best choice ..... I didn't really give it much thought at the time..........

    Edited by pmooney
  13. The scary thing about the 25 lenses unsubstantiated 2nd hand comment is that it prompts speculation that Nikon have abandoned the F-mount design and are coming out with a whole new range of lenses for the new mount.

     

    :) OMG, it's the EOS debacle all over again :):P

     

    I'm hoping this would be to correct some deficiencies in the curent lineup. For example, the 14mm f2.8 was well-regarded for film but does not handle even a 1.5x DX sensor very well, according to reviewers I generally trust (like good old Bjorn ), and would surely fare worse on a 1.1 or 1.0 crop sensor. And a 28-300 vr af-s NON-DX would be a pretty nice substitute for the 18-200 VR AF-S.

     

    But, who knows? Not me. But I have been concentrating on non-DX lenses (like the excellent, oft-overlooked 180mm f2.8) lately.

     

    Chris

  14. So many lenses would not be announced at once unless there was suddenly an overwhelming need. A new lens mount would be the most likely explanation but what would motivate Nikon to do that? What would the compatibility story be?

     

    If Nikon introduces a new lens mount, their bodies had better be compelling or their customers may choose the new mount that Canon offers instead. ;-)

  15. The only thing I can think of is that they're replacing all their lenses with VR :) Or...horror..that its all not true :)

     

    Cor

  16. or that they are all WHITE heheh

  17. Let us not speculate anymore on D3X. It is old news. Let's talk about what Nikon could do to make a D4X even better than the rumoured D3 :)

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.