Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Anyone using a Nikon Coolpix 4300?

Started by joeshook ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone using a Nikon Coolpix 4300?

2 posts
  1. I happen to use this as a land camera and was thinking of using it as an underwater. The housing will be released in April by fantasea.com (only one I know of other than Ikelite$$$). Just curious if anyone was using/planning on a setup with this camera and any advice?

     

    JS

  2. I ‘ve always been a big fan of the Nikon cool pix line of cameras. I’ve housed the 900,950,and the 990 cameras.

     

    I was really hoping Nikon would come out with a 6 mega pixel camera in the same swivel style.

     

    When I first looked at the 4300 I was contemplating making a housing for it. I saw the camera at Best Buy, where they let you handle the cameras on display. What I noticed was how they change the way the menu control works. It's like a joy stick, you have to push it up, down, from side to side in the usually way. Once you have the desired selection, you push the same stick button in.

     

    I’d really like to see how someone is going to make a control for this, that’s what stop me from making a housing.

     

    Marc

     

    I’m sorry, my mistake, I’m talking about the 4500 not the 4300

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.