Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sharing the news from Bali

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Sharing the news from Bali

7 posts
  1. Will be prepping a comprehensive trip report from the past six weeks spent mainly in Lembeh Straits with a couple of wereks tailending that in Bali. Just finished the diving for the trip and, whilst at times I was as nervous about missing out on a Mola Mola encounter as I suspect a caucasian hitchiker would be of securing safe passage through the mountain ranges of Afghanistan I did actually succeed in my quest. Second to last dive of the trip in a thermocline cold enough to wilt even Dean B's legendary 'pride' (18 degrees C) there was the majestic 2.5m tall Mola. He didn't hang around too long and I managed to get a useable 20 second sequence and that was it! Well worth it but also very lucky seeing as we are not really supposed to be in the right season yet.

     

    Big shout from Bali, will write more once I get settled back into the office in Palau.

     

    Cheers all,

    Mark.

  2. 18oc...Big pussy :)

     

    Thats bath water...

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  3. That's like cornwall in the summer and we go in shorties then!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. Congrats on the mola sighting. So how many tapes you got ready to capture now?

  5. I bet ya peeded in ya wetsuit a few times diving in temps like that. :)

     

    Looking forward to seeing your stuff mark.

    Safe travels....

  6. Yeah Guys, I remember trying to swim off Weymouth one year as a kid. Me plums ended up somewhere under my fringe!!! Not nice. Glad to hear that you both continue to consider these temps normal as this just goes to confirm my belief that indeed you are the sad results of cross species breeding experiments......."Equal rights for the Duck Billed Platypus"!!

     

    Nick, that rounds things up to about 36 hours!! Need to get some more HDD's on my stop through Singapore.

     

    Wags, the vapors coming off my wetsuit were the thermocline......honest!! hahaha

     

    Cheers all.

    Mark.

  7. Nick, that rounds things up to about 36 hours!! Need to get some more HDD's on my stop through Singapore.

    Boy oh boy you got some editing to do :)

     

    My Seagate 500Gb SATA2 drives have been going nicely. Recently they were the Gb per $ sweetspot in Bangkok and I expect Singapore will be similar.

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.