Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Hind? Grouper? Help!

Started by cdoyal ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Hind? Grouper? Help!

7 posts
  1. These were taken in Bonaire. Not sure if the one in a sponge is a red hind or grouper.post-6631-1184102834_thumb.jpgpost-6631-1184102851_thumb.jpg

     

    Thanks for the help!

  2. Red Hind - Page 159 Reef Fish ID 3rs Edition

  3. Very nice shot in the sponge.

  4. Very nice shot in the sponge.

     

    Thanks. I like it a lot too. Maybe I should have entered it in the "purple" category for POTW???

     

    So the consensus is that they are both a red hind? I was pretty sure about the one in the sponge but was unsure about the other.

  5. Both images are of Graysby (Cephalopholis cruentatus)

     

    Also, grouper and hind (and in other parts of the world: cod, trout, and groper) are synonyms for the same family of fish. There is no difference. You can use which ever one tickles your tongue, though grouper is probably the most widely recognized/used.

    Edited by acroporas
  6. "Maybe I should have entered it in the "purple" category for POTW???"

     

    I live by the motto you can't win if you don't enter.

  7. "Maybe I should have entered it in the "purple" category for POTW???"

     

    I live by the motto you can't win if you don't enter.

     

    Amen, brother.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.