Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

divx possibilities on own web page?

Started by writepic ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

divx possibilities on own web page?

6 posts
  1. hi all,

     

    was reading a post on here yesterday and it was showing off some really nice dolphin footage that was showing on stage6. really nice footage by the way and sorry i'm not posting in that thread, i just couldn't find it......

     

    anyway, i downloaded the divx converter as i was amazed at the reproduction clarity vs file size. i was wondering if tere was a way to embed these clips into ones own webpages, rather than posting them on a third party host.

     

    if anyone knows a way to do this and can point me to a web article explaining how i'd really appreciate it.

     

    if it's not possible, then could someone recommend the best codec for web publishing. i'm using the ones preloaded in premiere at the moment and nothing comes up to scratch.

     

    regards,

     

    mark

  2. Mark Divx is good but the web surfer has to have the divx plugin installed on their computer to play the clips.

    Check out Stage 6 http://stage6.divx.com/

     

    I found FLASH is the best as it runs on PC / Mac and everyone has FLASH on their computers now days.

     

    See my front page on my site ... I just loaded up a large 1500 kb/s Flash clip on it. It should play real time with anyone with broadband.

  3. Mark,

     

    I would guess that there is a way to embed the divx webplayer into your personal page. And if the viewer doesn't have divx webplayer installed, it would link to the divx download site, just as say a flash site would...

     

    ah here ya go....

     

    http://labs.divx.com/WebPlayerCodeGenerator

  4. Actually this is something I was thinking about the other day. Flash definatley I reckon is the go. Do you need fadobe fireworks to convert either an .avi or quicktime file into flash?

     

    Jon

  5. Actually this is something I was thinking about the other day. Flash definatley I reckon is the go. Do you need fadobe fireworks to convert either an .avi or quicktime file into flash?

     

    Jon

    Jonny, I think you're thinking of Adobe Flash Professional, not Fireworks, and no you don't need it. In any case it won't do a 2-pass conversion, so there are other better ways.

     

    You can use On2 Flix Standard or On2 Flix Pro. I have the Pro version which can do a 2-pass conversion. It's good but not the most mature, stable program in the world.

     

    There is a website somewhere that you can do a free online conversion to flv but I can't find it at the moment.

     

    Also you can have your video converted and hosted as a Flash file by any number of websites and then embed in your own site. Lowest quality is YouTube (but of course you get the biggest audience), then you've got Google Video. The two I would recommend are Revver (nice conversion and you can earn money from embedded ads), and Brightcove. With Brightcove you can do your own 2-pass Flash conversion using their free Publishpod and you can also build some nice Flash players for your site (for example). The publishpod only supports 30-fps however so no good if you're in PAL land.

  6. Jonny, I think you're thinking of Adobe Flash Professional, not Fireworks, and no you don't need it. In any case it won't do a 2-pass conversion, so there are other better ways.

     

    You can use On2 Flix Standard or On2 Flix Pro. I have the Pro version which can do a 2-pass conversion. It's good but not the most mature, stable program in the world.

     

    There is a website somewhere that you can do a free online conversion to flv but I can't find it at the moment.

     

    Also you can have your video converted and hosted as a Flash file by any number of websites and then embed in your own site. Lowest quality is YouTube (but of course you get the biggest audience), then you've got Google Video. The two I would recommend are Revver (nice conversion and you can earn money from embedded ads), and Brightcove. With Brightcove you can do your own 2-pass Flash conversion using their free Publishpod and you can also build some nice Flash players for your site (for example). The publishpod only supports 30-fps however so no good if you're in PAL land.

     

    Hi all

     

    www.theaquaplanet.com is a video share site dedicated to underwater video and scuba diving videos and was made purely for you guys to upload, embed and share your videos. Please feel free to use it.

     

    You can upload 100mb per clip, in most formats, except divX, and this is then converted into a flash video on the site, as well as an embed code being created which you can then embed into your site.

     

    There is no logo on this video clip, like all the others, youtube, etc and with our upgraded servers and a decent broadband connection you clip will play in high quality.

     

    www.theaquaplanet.com is now averaging over 10 000 visitors a month, so at least your videos will be seen by other divers and we are busy working on a revenue share model for our regular contributors.

     

    So come on guys, lets see those clips. :)

Keldan

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.