Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Underwater Photography Mag downloads

Started by rtrski ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Photography Mag downloads

7 posts
  1. Anyone else experience frequent resets trying to download back issues of Underwater Photography (uwpmag.com)?

     

    I found it thru Wetpixel here and am frankly really impressed for a free product, but it takes like 10 tries to download one issue without it failing at some point in the 20-second or so duration. Just wanted to know if this was normal or at my end somehow?

  2. No problem from my side. just to be sure I just downloaded two back issues with no problems.

  3. I downloaded the most recent one a few days ago with no problems.

  4. OK, it's probably my pipe here at work. Huge BW, but too many people sharing it. Plus I'm trying to download like a year's worth as I just discovered it recently. :D After retrying repeatedly I have gotten the last 6 - I now understand why they have cookies set so they can determine download counts, since I'm sure each of my attempts would be a hit, otherwise. :angry:

  5. I have them all, and will glady e-mail them to you (maybe that helps). If you're interested, please drop me a line and we can test one or two to see if that works better.

     

    \Chris

  6. Hi

    Alex, the good Doctor, alerted me to this post as I don't keep an eye on the forums as much as I should do. The magazine was booted off its previous host provider as we were using too much bandwidth so I looked around for an economic alternative. I found www.servage.net who offered up to 3000gig of bandwidth per month which was way in excess of our needs but I suspect that there is something in the small print that says "3000gig but not all at once!". I have had about 40 e mails reporting the same problem and most of these were solved by downloading again presumably when no one else was downloading.

    The host provider doesn't have a telephone line (apparently) so I reported the problem by e mail and was told that upgrading to a new service (surprise, surprise) would solve the problem.

    I'm looking into this as it is in readers best interests to be able to download UwP easily and also for me not to have to reply to e mails about problems!

    If any of you have experienced difficulties downloading issues of UwP, I apologise and hope that you were eventually able to download and that it has not spoiled your enjoyment of the magazine.

    best wishes

    Peter Rowlands

  7. Hi

    Alex, the good Doctor, alerted me to this post as I don't keep an eye on the forums as much as I should do. The magazine was booted off its previous host provider as we were using too much bandwidth so I looked around for an economic alternative. I found www.servage.net who offered up to 3000gig of bandwidth per month which was way in excess of our needs but I suspect that there is something in the small print that says "3000gig but not all at once!". I have had about 40 e mails reporting the same problem and most of these were solved by downloading again presumably when no one else was downloading.

    The host provider doesn't have a telephone line (apparently) so I reported the problem by e mail and was told that upgrading to a new service (surprise, surprise) would solve the problem.

    I'm looking into this as it is in readers best interests to be able to download UwP easily and also for me not to have to reply to e mails about problems!

    If any of you have experienced difficulties downloading issues of UwP, I apologise and hope that you were eventually able to download and that it has not spoiled your enjoyment of the magazine.

    best wishes

    Peter Rowlands

     

    Very nice of you to check in. Eventually, I got them. Consider it to your credit it was worth retrying for!! :)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.