Problem = "adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame"
Started by justin-branam ·
6Posts
6Replies
Read-only discussion
Problem = "adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame"
6 posts
i was trying to export a video in Quicktime format, and i got this error message: "adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame". i am now exporting it as a wma file, and it has passed the point where it kept freezing up, so hopefully it will work. im using windows XP, and i read about some problems it had with premiere pro and vista, but couldnt find any infor regarding my setup with elements 3.0
anyone know if there is a fix to this? thanks.
EDIT: well, it screwed up about 65% through on the wma file.
Yep I can remember I used to have problems like that with Premiere Pro.
Try another encoder.
Have you tried re-capturing the footage through PP?
I've had the opposite problem of trying to import a PP file into Final Cut, I believe it is to do with the capturing codec.
Yep I can remember I used to have problems like that with Premiere Pro.
Try another encoder.
youll have to forgive me as i am very very new to video, but how do i go about trying another encoder?
Have you tried re-capturing the footage through PP?
I've had the opposite problem of trying to import a PP file into Final Cut, I believe it is to do with the capturing codec.
if by PP you mean premiere pro, thats a problem because all i have is elements. The videos came as mpeg-4 files off my memory card from my camera, and were dragged and dropped into premiere from the file i saved them in. It plays fine if i do a preview, but it wont let me export it as a different file type. i think i may have to call adobe unless you all have any other ideas?
The program you are using is a kind of scaled down version of Premiere Pro.
You can buy plugin encoders for the programs but you may be best to output a normal DV file then use the free MPEG Streamclip program to make you QT etc files from that. It may even be able to read/encode the mpeg-4 files directly itself.
i was trying to export a video in Quicktime format, and i got this error message: "adobe premiere elements failed to return a video frame". i am now exporting it as a wma file, and it has passed the point where it kept freezing up, so hopefully it will work. im using windows XP, and i read about some problems it had with premiere pro and vista, but couldnt find any infor regarding my setup with elements 3.0
anyone know if there is a fix to this? thanks.
EDIT: well, it screwed up about 65% through on the wma file.
I was getting this and other errors using PPro 2.0 and Vista. I used Vista for about 2 weeks then gave up and went back to XP. My workaround was to find out where in the timeline it was erroring out, and removing the clip. Obviously this is not an acceptable workaround for many people!