Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

CS3/Lightroom Migration from Elements

Started by danclem ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

CS3/Lightroom Migration from Elements

5 posts
  1. Greetings:

     

    I am in the process of migrating from Photoshop Elements to CS3 and Lightroom, and working on overcoming what looks like a fairly steep learning curve.

     

    Do any of you Photoshop junkies know if there is a routine in CS3 or Lightroom that is the equivalent of Elements' Quick Fix> Lighting> Levels/Contrast to quickly adjust colors underwater?

     

    Thanks!

    Edited by danclem
  2. I haven't used Elements, but if you do:

     

    Image > Adjustments > Auto Levels

     

    does this achieve the same effect that you're looking for?

  3. Hi:

     

    I find that this darkens the image quite a bit. The Image> Adjustments> Contrast/Color seems to work best, but I then need to lighten it up a bit. This step was pretty "idiot proof" in Elements, and I have a feeling there is an adjustment somewhere that I need to togel on.

     

    I am also really curious if Lightroom can do the same thing. It is a very interesting program.

     

    Dan

    Edited by danclem
  4. Does Auto Colors (in the same window) behave any differently for the image in question?

  5. I believe that in Lightroom you could adjust one image using the develop screen options, and then copy to the other images; or even better save as a develop preset to use when needed.

     

    There are auto options in the Library section of Lightroom also that you could try.

     

    Good luck,

    Kathy

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.