Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Catalina 07/22/2007

Started by ScubaBob ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Catalina 07/22/2007

5 posts
  1. DM'd a boat to Catalina last weekend and was able to get in a little bottom time myself. HC-7 was stuck in auto-white balance mode (argh - the HC-7 does not auto white balance well IMO) so a majority of the shots were useless - but I was still able to get some ok close-up footage (with HID lights). Here's the video

     

    Dive info:

    Catalina Island, CA. - Isthmus (Bird Rock and Reef), TBT 57 minutes (2 dives), Water temp 68 surface, 64 at 70', Viz 20-30'.

     

    Edited by ScubaBob
  2. Nice little nudis there Bob. :D

     

    What housing did you have the HC7 in?

  3. Nice little nudis there Bob. :D

     

    What housing did you have the HC7 in?

     

    Thanks Wags.

     

    Setup:

    Sony HDR-HC7

    Gates HC7 Housing

    NiteRider HID Pro 20 Lights

    Flat Port lens

     

    The Gates housing has a MWB control, but sometimes the camera seems to revert back to auto white balance (maybe after 12 or more hours?) and I forget to check before descending. I guess I will learn eventually..

    Edited by ScubaBob
  4. The blue banded gobi's are way cool.

  5. The blue banded gobi's are way cool.

     

    Yeah, definately need a little more practice with them. I've seen some great shots that seem to require just a little more patience. Unfortanetly I didn't have the time for these dives since I was trying to keep them short. Hope to get back out to Island soon..

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.