Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Worm ID?

Started by Annediver ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Worm ID?

3 posts
  1. A friend sent me this photo to ID. This is the information he sent me:

     

    "The picture was taken in Wakatobi. The small one was probably 1/2 to

    3/4 of an inch, the bigger one maybe 1 1/4 inch. I did not see them move.

    But then I was not hanging around for a long time either."

     

    Leslie, Marli, Help!

     

    Thanks, Anne

    post-3023-1185901129.jpg

  2. I think a woman somewhere is missing the sequin appliques off her dress. :D

     

    They do look like jewelry, don't they? Pretty. But not a worm. These are colonial ascidians in the family Didemnidae, Leptoclinides reticulatus. More pictures here:

    http://www.ascidians.com/families/didemnid...eticulatus2.htm

    Edited by Leslie
  3. I think a woman somewhere is missing the sequin appliques off her dress. :D

     

    They do look like jewelry, don't they? Pretty. But not a worm. These are colonial ascidians in the family Didemnidae, Leptoclinides reticulatus. More pictures here:

    http://www.ascidians.com/families/didemnid...eticulatus2.htm

     

    Thanks Leslie,

     

    Yes they do look like sequin appliques! I'll check out the link. You're the best!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.