Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

red filter: can there be too much red?

Started by sukeltaja ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

red filter: can there be too much red?

1 posts
  1. Hello,

     

    sorry to bother with this basic question, but hopefully some experienced person could help.

    I have Sony HDRHC1 camcorder (HDV) in SeaSea housing with Raynox fisheye and just have learned (painful way...) that a redfilter is needed.

    I bought already one, B+W 67mm dark red filter; and now wondering once it is very dark red; should I bought less red filter? I haven´t edited yet videos, so I can not name any editing SW to use.

    So, I am just wondering, is it better to take too much red on shooting (max on 30m) and later reduce it while editing, or should I take normal (or light?) red filter instead?

    Thanks a lot for all advices! :-)

    BR, Matti

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.