Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Reduce size of movie file

Started by astrl ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Reduce size of movie file

5 posts
  1. How can a movie file be reduced in size to be emailed? I have a C-5050Z. As far as I can tell, it stores the clip in two separate files, audio and video.

     

    astrl

  2. Does the camera store the image as an .avi file or .Mpeg? If it is mpeg then it will already be compressed. An .avi file is generally uncompressed. In any event both types of file size can be huge and not to user friendly in terms of sharing via the web etc. Unfortunately, reducing the file size of either or any type of movie file is not as easy as picture compression, where you simply save the image as a compressed file such as Jpeg and control the level of compression.

     

    What you will need is some video editing software that enables you to capture and compress the file with a suitable codec. Software packages generally bundle loads of codecs (or compression agents) with them for you to use.

     

    Hope this helps.

     

    Mark

  3. I think it saves in AVI format. I will check the software out. Thanks!

     

    astrl

  4. If you don't have the software & desperate to produce a movie file email the file to me & I will convert if for you.

     

    PM me to get my email address.

     

    Mark

  5. I have the c4040 and it stores the movies as MOV files

Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.