Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Koh Tao Video

Started by peterbkk ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Koh Tao Video

6 posts
  1. On my website, I have just posted some highlight footage (10 mins) from a weekend trip to Koh Tao in the Gulf of Thailand shot about 3 weeks ago.

     

    No whale sharks but lots of other marine life, including some bull sharks at Chumphon Pinnacles.

     

    I compressed it as much as I could, without completely destroying it but it is still about 25Mb so only view it if you have a decent internet connection.

     

    http://web.mac.com/peter.walker/iWeb/peter.../Koh%20Tao.html

     

    Regards

    Peter

  2. Nicely done Peter. Wow, never seen so many skunk fish on a single anemone! Also loved that yellow nudi.

     

    Nice of that shark to come back for another look! :)

  3. Nicely done Peter. Wow, never seen so many skunk fish on a single anemone! Also loved that yellow nudi.

     

    Nice of that shark to come back for another look! :P

     

     

     

    Great work, Peter!

    I live on Koh Samui and dive these dive site all the time....much better than its reputation..

    I am a super newbie but would like to share my second video I ever made..

    Dont be to hard on me

    Enjoy!

    http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9...h&plindex=1

     

     

    Roger

    Edited by rogeringebo
  4. I live on Koh Samui and dive these dive site all the time....much better than its reputation..

    I am a super newbie but would like to share my second video I ever made..

    Dont be to hard on me

    Enjoy!

    Roger

     

    Hi Roger,

     

    You got nice and close. There are some great approach shots. That rebreather makes a lot of difference to how close the shark is prepared to come to you...

     

    Your video needs a bit more post production work. Here is some suggestions:

     

    1. Use a smaller image size so you don't need so much compression to stream it. Your video has a lot of pixelation and "jaggies" because of the compression. If you used a smaller image you could use less compression and get smoother video.

     

    2. Add a slight contrast increase using a video filter in the editing software.

     

    3. Tighten up the edit a bit. You could remove a couple of the weaker sequences (e.g. when the shark is too far away, when you panned across the buoy line)

     

    4. The video file has 7 minutes of black video (content runs for 5 mins but total length is 12.43 mins). I suggest that you delete the empty video.

     

    Regards

    Peter

  5. Peter

    Thanks for the video. Please use the Edit/Post/Sharing forum for future videos. Sorry it took me so long to spot this.

    Thanks again

  6. Any chance of a direct link to that file Peter? One of the things that my OS (XP x64) can't deal with is the Quicktime browser plugin.

     

    Edit: It's OK, got it from another machine. Cool bull shark! I hope they stay there. Might even make a little venture over there myself if they stick around.

    Edited by Nick Hope
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.