Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Please help! Trying to choose my first rig.

Started by lawhorns04 ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Please help! Trying to choose my first rig.

1 posts
  1. I used to shoot video, but I found that I never really watched what I shot. Therefore, I'd like to switch to photos. This site has been both a blessing and a curse. I've learned a bit, but I'm torn with what setup to get. I feel like I make a decision and then read another thread which makes me go in another direction.

     

    Even though I'm new, I'm willing to spend around $2K to get a nice setup. I'd like something that isn't going to blow me out of the water but will allow me to grow with it. My choices are below. I realize that each one probably has its own set of positives and negative, but If you could make the decision, what would you choose and why? I'm looking to do some macro and some wide angle. I'd really appreciate any help you can provide.

     

    Canon G7 (heard awesome things about it in the forums, just hope it's not too complicated)

    Ikelite housing

    Ikelite DS-125

     

     

    Canon A570is (didn't see a lot about it, and this package gives me a wide angle lens)

    Canon DC-12 housing

    Inon Ad mount base

    Inon Optical Cable/cap W36

    Inon z-240

    Inon UWL-105AD wide angle lens

     

     

    Olympus 5060 (what they shoot at my lds, but it's very difficult to find most of the pieces since its out of production)

    Olympus housing

    Inon Ad mount base

    Inon optical cable

    Inon Z-240 (or Ikelite housing if I can find it w/ the ds-125)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.