Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Swimming With Sharks

Started by rodriguezfelix ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Swimming With Sharks

3 posts
  1. Some weird comments on Yahoo!

     

    Like most photographers the trick is getting close enough to any shark: it's the shark's choice, not ours, in the end.

     

    I have just read a hilarious article in a British newspaper, after a ROV filmed a Mako swimming around an oil platform in British waters. An "expert" marine biologist was quoted as saying that he would never get in the water with such a dangerous, unpredictable and man-eating beast.

     

    I felt a real fool for staying with a Mako in California as she swam up to the dome of my camera, just so that she could become my Wetpixel avatar, dicing with death for a little picture.

     

    I'm doomed...

     

    Tim

     

    B)

  2. Haha! I like the way they edited the clip from SA. Two guys sitting on a moored boat, then they go OHOHOH!!! and they cut to a clip of "air jaws" jumping w/ a towed seal decoy. lol

     

    Cheers

    James

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.