Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Crap video great dive......

Started by rogeringebo ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Crap video great dive......

9 posts
  1. That looks like a bull shark from the snout. Is that Chumporn? It would be typical that the one best site in the entire Gulf has bullsharks now too. Hopefully the fishermen don't go out to catch them.

    Nice video but I think you over color corrected on a few wide shots. The water looked purple in a few shots.

  2. Song lyrics..."figure it out" certainly applied. Looked as though those 2 sharks were trying to figure out if you were a snack or not.

  3. Nice to see Rob's old rig getting a new lease of life Roger :P

     

    Bull sharks in the Gulf of Thailand? Wow, never saw them when I was working there.

     

    That Pelagian is serving you well indeed. The bull sharks in the Mergui Archipelago never hang around that close for that long. I want one!

     

    The file you've linked to seems to be 13 mins long but the last 8 mins or so are empty.

  4. Nice to see Rob's old rig getting a new lease of life Roger :P

     

    Bull sharks in the Gulf of Thailand? Wow, never saw them when I was working there.

     

    That Pelagian is serving you well indeed. The bull sharks in the Mergui Archipelago never hang around that close for that long. I want one!

     

    The file you've linked to seems to be 13 mins long but the last 8 mins or so are empty.

     

    Hi!

    Still learning...............

    Thanks for comments...

    I am trying to figure things out......My red filter is screwed on to the camera....no flip up.....

    Is there a filter that can be removed under water for the Sony VX 2000/Amphibico?

    I use Sony Vegas for editing and the clip is not 13 min but ended up like that after rendering.....not sure why..

     

    Cheers

    Roger

  5. In Vegas you must have had something on the timeline out at 13 minutes. Check again for that or just set up a loop region over the part of the video you want to render and choose "Render loop region only" from the Render As dialog.

     

    I'd forgotten that housing doesn't have a flip filter.

    Edited by Nick Hope
  6. Definitely Bull Sharks. Very surprised to see those in Thailand. Also, unsually footage of bulls on such nice reefs. Great dive and footage!

  7. Hi Roger,

     

    I can only agree "rebreathers rule". :)

     

    Comments:

     

    Can you use infinity on your housing? That helps when the subject (shark) is over 3 meters away and you have stuff in foreground (coral, small fishes).

     

    Editing: use shorter shots. Use the best parts of the longer shots and edit them together. It also gives you a more dynamic sequence.

     

    White balance - when properly used you get consitent colors.

     

    Question: do you find combining filming and running an mCCR rebreather a problem? I choose the Inspiration (eCCR) because I assumed that I would be too focused on shooting video to properly manage the setpoint.

     

    Great stuff, keep it coming.

     

    Peter

    Edited by PCDiver
Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.