Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

First-UV Video

Started by WestCoast ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

First-UV Video

15 posts
  1. I have done a litle short video on grund water.My first

    UV-video,have done Wildlife video in many yeare.

    Descoverd a new world under water,shering my first

    lite UV-video.QuickTime file 76,3mb

     

    Weblink:

    http://web.mac.com/vidarjohannesvedaa/iWeb...r/Hellesoy.html

     

     

     

    _____________

     

    best regards

    WestCoast.

  2. Hi Vidar

    Thanks for that. Very nice color and great exposure control. A few questions.

    Is the camera a Sony? Has that Sony look to it in a few scenes.

    Did you use the in-camera CINEGAMMA curves or your own custom in post production? Your blacks are nicely crushed for the closeup shots.

    It would be cool if you could give us your settings.

    One thing though, try not to use AF too much on macro. A few shots the AF was searching a bit (the shrimps). I like the look and colors of the video.

  3. I use Sony HVR-A1e.On this clip i use cinegama2,and AE shift -1,WB Shift +1.Color corected in

    Final Cut Studio whid HD 720p 10bit ucomp.Then commpressed in compressor 720p-H.264 at

    Lan stream.2 pass vbr,key frame auto,data rate 3000kbit/sek.If i commpress from HDV More

    macro blocs seen.Clip made in Eaw-bag not the best,have to use auto.But some day a Ikelite??

     

     

    Best Regards

    V.Vedaa Westcaost-Film.

     

    ______________________

     

    Home-Site:

     

    http://web.mac.com/vidarjohannesvedaa/iWeb.../Info-home.html

  4. Hey Vidor,

    Welcome to the forum. There was a nice ambience to this, your initial work.

    Steve B)

  5. I use Sony HVR-A1e.On this clip i use cinegama2,and AE shift -1,WB Shift +1.Color corected in

    Final Cut Studio whid HD 720p 10bit ucomp.Then commpressed in compressor 720p-H.264 at

    Lan stream.2 pass vbr,key frame auto,data rate 3000kbit/sek.If i commpress from HDV More

    macro blocs seen.Clip made in Eaw-bag not the best,have to use auto.But some day a Ikelite??

    Best Regards

    V.Vedaa Westcaost-Film.

    Vidar

    That's a smart move to convert 1080 HDV to 720/25P. I couldn't really tell because of the compression but it looks like you shot using CF25 or did the detail loss occur during the deinterlacing?

    I often battle with the choice to shoot with the camera's own cinegamma curves vs doing it in post. The dynamic range of the video is somehow curtailed and the saturation is sometimes too much with the incamera curves. I think you did a nice coloring job.

    Isn't the EWA bag clear? You should be able to control the buttons from the side, although the water looks mighty cold and with thick gloves, it may be an issue.

  6. God point Drew,

     

    I have many time wonder Cam gama or post,I tink the cam give beter picture

    whitout cingama.Spesial in low light,see more noise in picture whit cinegama.

    The macro butum on sony is wery nice,but focus in EWA-bag is difficold for me.

     

     

    Best Regards

     

    V.Vedaa

     

    _____________

  7. That was fantastic! My face got cold just watching it.

     

    Really well done!

  8. God point Drew,

     

    I have many time wonder Cam gama or post,I tink the cam give beter picture

    whitout cingama.Spesial in low light,see more noise in picture whit cinegama.

    The macro butum on sony is wery nice,but focus in EWA-bag is difficold for me.

    Best Regards

     

    V.Vedaa

     

    _____________

     

    Vidar

    Have you tried Apple's Prores 422 codec? It demands less bandwidth than 720P uncompressed.

  9. Hello Drew.

    I have the old Final cut Studio,have not tryed prores 422.I have to got studio 2 and new mac.I like the new

    IMac 24".I like the new color,have you trayed it.Color must be a big upgrade.

     

     

    Best Regards

    V Vedaa.

  10. I don't like iMacs. Can't use my old RAID arrays and other accessories. It's full desktops for me. Are you editing uncompressed on an iMac?

    Color is powerful but the learning curve is pretty steep.

  11. If I make some film for internet my sekvens is ucomp 720p an then I compress.My mac is G5 1.6 so not

    a fast one.Have to by a biger.

  12. I really enjoyed that, a little different from most of the U/W footage we get here.

     

    Jon

  13. Me too, really excellent job Vidar and very different indeed to other videos we see here. What trimix did you use?

  14. Thanks alot Jonny and Nick.

     

     

    I am new in UV-video my main aeria is Wildlife-film, but trimix is new for me Nick.

    Editing,camcorder,housing???

     

     

    Best regards

    v.vedaa

  15. Free-Dyiving.

     

    I do free-dyving dont use bottel Nick.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.