Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

watertight casing for digital compact with x10 optical zoom?

Started by jacktar ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

watertight casing for digital compact with x10 optical zoom?

3 posts
  1. Looking for advice on what digital camera to buy. Want one with a x10 optical zoom. Possibly something like a "Fujifilm finepix S6500fd compact" with fixed 28-300mm lense. I will use it when dinghy sea sailing and want it protected from salt spray and the occasional dunking, so expect a watertight depth of say 2m depth would be quite sufficient. Is this the way to go or am I better with one designed specifically for a wet marine environment?

  2. http://www.digideep.com/

     

    Has a good list of all housings and bags for all cameras.

     

    What you want is something like an ew marine bag. A super heavy plastic bag, with an optical port for the lens to look out of.

     

    I would not take one scuba diving, but for your intended use, it should be fine.

  3. I would agree with derway...UW housings are too expensive and bulky for that kind of application.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.