http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_pag...ge.asp?cid=6007
Select your camera model and see which CF card is best for your setup. I find that the Microdrive writes RAW's fastest for my S2 at ~1800 Kbps - which is good and bad news.
Cheers
James
Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic
Started by james ·
Read-only discussion
http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_pag...ge.asp?cid=6007
Select your camera model and see which CF card is best for your setup. I find that the Microdrive writes RAW's fastest for my S2 at ~1800 Kbps - which is good and bad news.
Cheers
James
I've been using a 1G microdrive in my D 100 and find that the raw write speed is almost as fast as my strobe recycles - ie. fast enough
James,
What type of flash card (or microdrive) are you currently using in your S2?
Thanks,
John
I have been using a Microdrive. It is at the top of the list in the Robgalbraith tests.
I recently sent my Microdrive to the junkyard in the sky when I found out that it is not waterproof - so I am looking for another storage media solution as well.
It looks like either another MD, or a fast CF card that is not on that list...
Cheers
James
I have been using a Microdrive. It is at the top of the list in the Robgalbraith tests.
I recently sent my Microdrive to the junkyard in the sky when I found out that it is not waterproof - so I am looking for another storage media solution as well.
It looks like either another MD, or a fast CF card that is not on that list...
Cheers
James
Love my microdrives. Can't wait til the 4GB ones come out.
M
i also use 2 microdrives, can't fault them, i was thinking of getting the new XS Drive to back them up on (the new USB2 version)
Cool, they even added the 10D into the mix! Sadly, it writes more slowly then the D60 -- WTF!?! I think I'm going to have to run my own test.
I used an MD until very recently -- it seems the folks on ebay are willing to pay me $5 more than buying a new one would cost them, so I decided to sell it and got a 1gig transcend 30X CF card. The MD was very reliable in my experience, but latency was an annoyance, CF cards are solid-state and noticeably faster (at least with my camera), though the fast ones do cost more.
1 GB IBM MD. Don't know how fast it is but it writes faster than I can think of what to do for my next shot.
Ditto Dave.
Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.