Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Brightcove player versus Revver widget

Started by Nick Hope ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Brightcove player versus Revver widget

5 posts
  1. These are the best two options I've found for embedding a Flash multi-video player on your site with the videos hosted elsewhere.

     

    On my Bunaken page I've embedded a player made in the Brightcove console. It's their "compact tabbed navigation 2.0 player". More on Brightcove players here.

     

    On my Bali page I've embedded a Revver "widget" which displays a collection of videos.

     

    The Brightcove ones are encoded by me in On2 Flix Pro. The Revver ones are done by Revver.

     

    The Brighcove player seems to load slower but I like that it includes video descriptions, which the Revver one does not.

     

    Both are supposed to sometimes include pre or post roll ads, but I think Revver is the only one to actually be doing this at the moment. I think I earnt a grand total of 55 cents from that in like 3 months :rolleyes:

     

    I'm interested to know people's user experience of the 2 different players. Do the players work well? Are there delays in loading? How about the quality of the encoded videos? Which do you prefer?

     

    Also, has anyone found another way of doing this?

  2. These are the best two options I've found for embedding a Flash multi-video player on your site with the videos hosted elsewhere.

     

    Nick,

     

    The Brightcove console is nice, I does not matter that it takes a little time to load. Here in Denmark the videos downloaded fine, playing without buffering. I have a 4Mbit connection.

     

    The quality was best with the Flix pro encoder.

  3. Hey Nick,

    Met some people at a seminar I was giving last night on the Cocos Islands. They are headed to Phuket this Xmas. My old ship, the Angyun is no longer operating I hear. What boats or operations in Phuket do you recommend for them.

    Steve B)

  4. These are the best two options I've found for embedding a Flash multi-video player on your site with the videos hosted elsewhere.

     

    On my Bunaken page I've embedded a player made in the Brightcove console. It's their "compact tabbed navigation 2.0 player". More on Brightcove players here.

     

    On my Bali page I've embedded a Revver "widget" which displays a collection of videos.

     

    The Brightcove ones are encoded by me in On2 Flix Pro. The Revver ones are done by Revver.

     

    The Brighcove player seems to load slower but I like that it includes video descriptions, which the Revver one does not.

     

    Both are supposed to sometimes include pre or post roll ads, but I think Revver is the only one to actually be doing this at the moment. I think I earnt a grand total of 55 cents from that in like 3 months :angry:

     

    I'm interested to know people's user experience of the 2 different players. Do the players work well? Are there delays in loading? How about the quality of the encoded videos? Which do you prefer?

     

    Also, has anyone found another way of doing this?

     

    Nick - I've settled on the Brightcove player for all my web video content - their publishpod does a good job of encoding for the 480x270 size and it integrates very well with Wordpress which is what I am using now for both my website and UWDV.COM.

     

    I looked at the Revver widget and wasn't impressed with it - I find it too much fluff whereas the Brightcove player allows me to integrate it exactly as I want- especially with the Birghtcove Wordpress plugin.

     

    My $0.02 worth

  5. Nick,

    It worked really well, no stutters etc.... just played straight through.

     

    Thanks

     

    Jon

Backscatter

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.