Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

More questions about polishing an acrylic dome port

Started by msblucow ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

More questions about polishing an acrylic dome port

3 posts
  1. Following the techniques I learned here, I ended up using a Micro-Mesh polishing kit to polish out some large scratches on my acrylic dome port. I'm largely satisfied with the end result, but I noticed there are still some fine cross-hatching for about a 1/2" along the edges. This was the most difficult part of the dome port to work on. However, when I flushed the port with water, the cross-hatching completely disappears. Should I just ignore this like I would any other fine scratches that would fill with water or should I continue to work on the edges until the marks disappear?

     

    Thanks,

     

    Marta Evry

  2. If it does not disturb why continue?

    Just be sure it does not appear in sunny conditions as mentioned here few days ago.

  3. I won't be able to take it into the water right away, but I did hold it up to the sun at a right angle to see if I could find anything obvious. I think I'm good, but again, taking it underwater would be the real test.

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.