Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video editing

Started by jfrey ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Video editing

4 posts
  1. I am new to this forum I am Jeff from Pensacola, FL. I have been diving since 1972 and learning to do video the last couple of years.

    I need a new video editing program and would like to know of anyone can recomend a good program.

    I am looking at the "Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 "

  2. Photoshop is an Image editing program, NOT a video editing program. You can NOT edit video with photoshop (or the watered down photoshop elements)

     

    I have never done any video editing so I can not give you any good recomendations but I can say that photoshop is not what you are looking for.

    Edited by acroporas
  3. There are many good video editing programs out there.

     

    I suggest downloading a few of the free demo versions. Pick the one you like best.

     

    Look at Sony Vegas, Adobe, Canopus and Pinnacle.

  4. which platform are you using, mac or pc? Do you want something to simply spice clips together, or harness some real creative control over your videos (= more $$, more time, much more complexity). Video editing is not easy and takes quite some time to get comfortable with. I hate it and gave it up a few years ago. Anywyas, my recommendations are:

     

    for a PC, a common favorite is Adobe Premier Pro, or the cheaper "Elements" version if you wanna keep it simple.

     

    for a mac, the primary program is Final Cut Pro, or again the cheaper "Express" version. (imovie also works ok for real simple editing)

     

    Have fun and remember that patience - LOTS of patience - is key. Cheers,

     

    Chris

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.