Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Sardine Run June 2007

Started by NickJ ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Sardine Run June 2007

12 posts
  1. Finally got round to editing this short video of our trip in June with Drew, shawnh, jbonehoss and the team.

     

    I'm afraid the file is rather large (60meg) so be patient while it loads. There are some stills on the site as well for those with slow connections.

     

    Let me know what you think - any critical advice welcome.

     

    Cheers, Nick

     

    Sardine Run 2007

    Edited by Drew
  2. FYI - I've re-encoded for fast web streaming, so if you have the latest Quicktime plugin on your browser, the large file size should not be an issue.

  3. Very enjoyable, thanks for sharing.

  4. Lots of oooooo's and even more ahhhhhh's and even a few WOWs in there Nick!

     

    Magic moment? For me the two diving gannet's in syncrosied parallel formation. Took me at least ten watches before I detected your trickery! :blush:

     

    Thanks for sharing!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  5. Thanks Peter and Simon :)

     

    Haha Simon, you rumbled me! I was doing a little colour correction and scrolling through available filters in Final Cut when I came across that one. When I tried it I laughed out loud and had to include it. Very cheesy actually but a bit of fun - especially as one of the events I wanted to video underwater was scores of gannets hitting the water, and I was only able to capture a couple!

  6. Hey Nick,

     

    That was lovely me old mate...I did chuckle at the mirrored Gannet dive..But it looked good :wub:

     

    If you'd have put some narrative over the top to tell the story it would have been even better. Did you decide against this or just did not think to..??? Even with my rubbish voice (ask Mr Thorpe :) ) I think it carries a film.

     

    Anyway, it made me want to visit :rolleyes:

     

    Good times

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  7. Agree 100% Dean, just a matter of time available. I'm very anal about sound quality of voiceovers (and lotsa other things too probably :) ) and although I like to do them, the time I would have had to spend in SoundTrackPro was just too daunting. I may do one later when I have more time on my hands, but you are right, would add another degree of professionalism ...

  8. Woohoo! I am temporarily in the land of fast internet and was able to download the vid! yea!

     

    Congrats Nick, great video and lovely presentation.

     

    I would have liked to see a group shot of the gang to put some names and faces together though...

  9. Thanks for the vote of confidence Mike! Don't you love Cable/ADSL?

     

    I would have liked to see a group shot of the gang to put some names and faces together though...

     

    All the mug shots and a little more detail on the trip are on the stills page - take a look at Sardine Run Photos

     

    I didn't add a group shot to the video - I mean why spoil a work of art with ugly guys? :)

  10. OMG!!!!

     

    Who let Drew handle the boat? Surprised you all made it back safely..

     

    Thanks for the link Nick, yes, DSL is fun... :) That would have been an all night download otherwise.. haha

  11. Very nice Nick. Not only the video, but also the stills of KwaZulu, want to make me go back home. At least for a while.

  12. Very well done! Thanks for posting! :)

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.