Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

EXIF w/PS Elements 2

Started by TedJ ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

EXIF w/PS Elements 2

2 posts
  1. Can anyone help me to figure out how to save the EXIF data from an original image after the image is edited, cropped or corrected with Elements 2? I am, of course, saving the original image and data, but how do I associate the data with the edited image? Thanks

  2. The info should be saved automatically when you save the file. If you are working on a Mac, you can save it in any format, but if you're working in Windows it must be either Photoshop, TIFF, JPG, EPS or PDF. I suspect the data would be lost when writing as any other format.

     

    You can see the information by going to File Info... then use the jump bar to choose EXIF. The shooting data should appear in the window. You can also see it if you use the Browser feature of Elements, something I don't know how I did without before Photoshop 7.

     

    I think the older versions of Elements did not support this format, but version 2 should.

     

    Bonnie

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.