Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Greetings all sub-aquanauts

Started by Whitetip ·

  • 1Posts
  • 1Replies

Read-only discussion

Greetings all sub-aquanauts

1 posts
  1. Greetings fellow submariners

     

    I thought I's introduce myself , since I intend to milk these forums for as much info as possible . :rolleyes:

    Living in the UK , the diving is for the most part abysmal ... i.e. bad viz , glacial conditions etc , not to mention the vast expense involved .

    Nevertheless , I do manage to go south (1500 miles or so ) to my native homeland in the Algarve , southern Portugal , every once in a while , and I can safely say that Atlantic diving takes some beating .

    Memorable moments include a vary tactile meeting with a BIG octopus , who was very interested in finding out what I was , vast shoals of sardine , and some very inquisitive blue sharks when we dived a 1942 vintage B17 off Faro last year .

    As for photo equipment , vast sums of folding green stuff ( this is England after all ) have been splashed out on a Oly C5050z + PT015 , which is a big step up from the lowly MX5 .

    Therefore , kind fellows , be advised that I am hungry for info and will be asking lots of questions , to which , I will hopefully get useful answers .

     

    Dive safe all

     

    Whitetip

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.