Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Bowing out, Movin' on.....

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 18Posts
  • 18Replies

Read-only discussion

Bowing out, Movin' on.....

18 posts
  1. Hey Guys, Gals and those who haven't quite made up their minds yet..... :)

     

    Just wanted to thank you all for some sterling conversations over the past few months, years. On my ever changing path of life I now find myself just about ready to leave Palau. Wednesday 26th September at 9am I'll be flying my way over the Rock Islands, not quite sure of any return date. That event in itself will also be treated as the opening scene for an idea of a book I am starting, long story, long book.

     

    I'm gonna be leaving the dive industry behind to concentrate on an offer to take my love of underwater video to a greater level. Whilst not all of my future undertakings with the Remote Imaging Department at Nat Geo will have a marine theme, most of them will and it will allow me to enter into a completely different realm of imaging and the production side of life.

     

    Just wanted to say thanks. I will be back posting here in the future, maybe less frenetic as I have been to date but nonetheless a presence once in a while.

     

    I sincerely wish you all the best. I hope you all find what you strive for whether that be as a hobbyist or more.

     

    Good luck one and all. Be happy in life and the rest will fall into place.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  2. Mark I'm sure even though you have amazing memory's of what you did there, I'm sure you will never look back. :)

     

    Good luck, safe trip and stay in touch. :):lol::o

     

    Wags

  3. Good luck me old son and see you soon

     

    :):lol::o

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  4. Cheers guys,

    Catch you all in a few days. Best of luck with your change of scenery Wags, and DeanB.....the first round of Scrumpy is on you!!

     

    Best,

    Mark.

  5. Good luck Mark, may your lenses be forever clean! :)

     

    Cheers, Simon

  6. Best of luck Mark, it was great diving with you and the mantas!!!

  7. Hey Mark,

     

    The Rock Islands will miss you, but I'm expecting you to stay in touch with us all as you head into this new chapter! You'll be doing some very cool stuff, and we want to be hearing about it as you do! Not to mention you might be able to help us troubleshoot various issues as we all work to stay up with the incredibly fast changing digital video world!

     

    It was a blast visiting with you earlier this month. Travel safely, and please stay in touch!

     

    Mary Lynn

    Edited by Mary Lynn
  8. Thanks all,

    I'm sure we will all stay in touch. The dive world is an amazingly small one when moving in the circles of imaging. I mean, I would never have imagined just seven years ago when I was leaving Europe that I would have met the sheer number of 'Names' I have met from the industry in this short time. Its wild.

     

    Thanks for all the wishes. I do hope to meet you all again sometime in the future and swap stories once more.

     

    Best,

    Mark.

  9. Back in the UK after a long haul............guys I set a personal record!! Get this, for 93kilos of weight I got charged $3200 from Manila to London!!! CHA CHING.........$35 per kilo!! Read that and weap...........couldn't believe.

     

    Cheers from a cold England.

    Mark.

  10. Hey it's a tax deduction. :P

     

    Glad to see you made it safely....do you own a jumper..... :)

  11. Hello again Mate,

     

    Had to laugh as obviously didn't recognise your voice or phone number last night :) since i've started this filming lark I've had wind-up calls from David Attenborough, Alistair Fothergil, a PR for Universal studios and even Steven Speiberg... :P:( if you'd sent me a text I'd have known straight away...

     

    Hope your enjoying the good weather we are having... :glare:

     

    Anyway, see you soon

     

    Dive safe (when you get somewhere warm)

     

    DeanB

    Edited by DeanB
  12. Don't you owe me 100 Euros?

  13. Don't you owe me 100 Euros?
    Oh no the Tax Man has caught up with me!! :)
  14. Yup - you're busted, big boy. I will, however, write it off as bad debt for the price of a pint next time you're in London and your guilty conscience has allowed you to work out who I am.

  15. hehehe, Simon. Not a bad debt mate, just a long overdue one. By the way it was 80 Euro and not 100. I tell you what, I'll double it to stop you from using this board as a public laundry! Deal?

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  16. Hey Mark! congratulations from the Canary Islands!!

     

    Luisa and I are very happy to know that everything is going well for you. You are welcome whenever you want so we can invite you back to large amounts of beer! see Grinderman? I am in beer-debt with Mark! :):P:):lol:

  17. I am in Gran canaria RIGHT NOW, but only for the day. leave tonight, Monday, at 23.25pm back to London and then off to Washington DC.

     

    Simon, sorry mate, don´t have enough time in London to stop by for a beer, maybe on the return, around the 19th.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  18. I am in Gran canaria RIGHT NOW, but only for the day. leave tonight, Monday, at 23.25pm back to London and then off to Washington DC.

     

    Simon, sorry mate, don´t have enough time in London to stop by for a beer, maybe on the return, around the 19th.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

     

     

    I am calling you right now!!!

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.