Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Any experience with ewa-marine or Aquapac cases?

Started by arkoc ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Any experience with ewa-marine or Aquapac cases?

6 posts
  1. Hello all,

    I am looking for an inexpensive case for a Nikon D70, SB-800, and both my 105VR and 10.5mm fisheye lenses. I have noticed cases from EWA Marine and Aquapac. Does anyone have experience with these housings?

     

    http://www.ewa-marine.com/english/

    http://www.aquapac.net/usstore/erol.html

    I use an EWA baggie quite often for quickie shots in the water where I'm not really diving, and the majority of stuff is above the waterline. It's great for this - plenty durable, easy to use, and you can easily see and get to everything.

     

    Of course I've tried a dive with it. Meh. That little bag shrink-wraps in about 15 feet, and the flat port is truly a crippling item.

     

    All the best, James

  2. To be honest I don't feel secure putting a $2000 camera in a $20 bag and taking it in the water, maybe it is just me.

     

    Having said that the O Rings that actually keep the water out are about $0.20 so (in quantity) so - you pay your money and take your choice I guess.. :)

     

    Now I am really scared.....Maybe I should bag the camera and then put it in the housing?

     

    Paul C

  3. Maybe I should bag the camera and then put it in the housing?

     

    Heh, I share your sense of concern. I decided to get really comfortable with the idea of flooding my camera so as not to disappoint myself. I think I'm half way there.

     

    Taking into consideration the replies here, what are the odds that some place would rent, say, an Ikelite 6807.1 and a port? And how much might one of these rentals cost?

  4. Taking into consideration the replies here, what are the odds that some place would rent, say, an Ikelite 6807.1 and a port? And how much might one of these rentals cost?

     

    If you're US based, try Backscatter.com. They don't have an Ikelite, but appear to have Subal and Sea Sea D200 housings for rent....

     

    http://www.backscatter.com/shop/rental/photo/

     

    Maybe check with Ryan at www.reefphoto.com. Not sure if he rents housings though.

    Edited by pakman
  5. Many thanks.

Nauticam

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.