Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Great job opportunity!

Started by IONature ·

  • 16Posts
  • 16Replies

Read-only discussion

Great job opportunity!

16 posts
  1. Video Chronicler *Actively Recruiting*

     

    Apply for this Job

     

    Lindblad Expeditions is seeking experienced Video Shooters/Editors. Must be a self starter, motivated with storyteller's sensibility. Work five weeks on, five weeks off, shooting and editing. Will become part of an extraordinary expedition company that travels the world. Will create Voyage DVDs of trips to amazing places.

     

    Must have a commitment to nature and conservation, shooting experience, editing experience on Final Cut Pro, and the ability to blend in with guests on expedition ships. Serious inquires only. One year minimum commitment.

     

    Send one copy of resume, cover letter, and reel on DVD to both:

     

    Lindblad Expeditions

    Attn: Steve Ewing

    1415 Western Ave. #700

    Seattle WA 98101

    206-403-1527

     

    Bill Kinzie

    2 Much Media

    PO Box 70

    North Ferrisburg VT 05473

    Studio 802-425-2274

     

    About Lindblad Expeditions

    Lindblad Expeditions (LEX) is an expedition travel company providing expeditions in Galapagos, Antarctica, Baja California, Alaska, the Arctic, and beyond. In partnership with the National Geographic Society, LEX aims to inspire people to explore and care about the planet.

     

    Before you apply, be sure to visit our site at www.expeditions.com. Be sure to check out the "theater" link at the top of the page.

  2. Hi Bill

     

    Thanks for your post.

    Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

     

    Quick question though.

     

    1. Shooting, editing, scripting/narration, music, DVD authoring all done while on the trip by just one person?

    Thats allot of talent/work for one to do or can it be a small 2 person team.

  3. These guys were one of our sponsors during a project with Sperm Whales in Baja. Very serious and professional operation.

     

    If I was ten years younger.........!!

     

    Seriously, options like this come along very seldom. It would be a fantastic adventure for a few years to travel, hone the skill and see some great action.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

     

    Wags, I hung out with their video guys on that trip I was on. Its just like doing the daily stuff but for a week, more time to fine tune the edit, use audio and come up with a final product. Pretty straight forward.

    Edited by CamDiver
  4. Hi all, Bill didn't post this. I came across this by accident and thought that someone here might be interested. I always said that I would never let life get so serious that I wouldn't take advantage of an opportunity like this one if it came along. However,....

     

    Apply at link:

     

    https://apply.coolworks.com/lindblad/job-de...asp?JobID=13521

  5. Man that sounds fun. Hmm...I wonder how my wife and 2 girls would feel about daddy taking a pay cut and being gone half the year...hmm :)

  6. ah, if I was 10 yrs younger and had a lot more u/w video experience under my belt... :)

  7. Oh, yes... As shawn said... my wife was not so amazed as me to apply for this extraordinary job...

     

    But I feel good that someone will have this job or joy, and I hope it will be a wetpixelian and will report back to us :)

  8. I applied for this job and was doing so well..As soon as he said do I get on well with people I told him to Faff off who the faff does he think hes talking to of course I faffing can... :)

     

    He put the phone down... :(

     

    Is it me... <_<

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    P.s ten years younger Mark you'd be 42... :P

    Edited by DeanB
  9. FCP...well there's me out... :)

     

    The only thing I know about MACS is mine sits in the cupboard :P

     

    Wonder what the pays like.

  10. That sounds like a sweet job.

     

    If only I could convince Zoe..... SLAM back to reality!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  11. i need a job...

  12. i need a job...

     

    There's one here - when do you want to start ?

    Edited by pmooney
  13. i need a job...
    Palau is open dude! That is, if you wanna work with the 'Twins'..........
  14. This one is very tempting, but being gone a straight 6 months, don't know how the wife would like it. Maybe she'd jump for joy. I'm 57, wonder if I'd have to tote that barge and lift a bale as well.

     

    Mark....I thought Nick M. was taking the Palau job?

    Steve B)

  15. Steve, emailed the goss.........

  16. Hi Bill

     

    Thanks for your post.

    Sounds like an amazing opportunity.

     

    Quick question though.

     

    1. Shooting, editing, scripting/narration, music, DVD authoring all done while on the trip by just one person?

    Thats allot of talent/work for one to do or can it be a small 2 person team.

     

    Not necessarily Wags.. It's called working in the Solo VJ paradigm. It's becoming more popular with broadcast stations and is providing content in a more timely fashion and less costly as compared to using 2-3 person production crews. ABC News here in the states has announced they are going to move to this new paradigm for their international bureaus by creating one-person operations that will dramatically boost its coverage in Africa, India and elsewhere.

     

    I'm working this way now for my clients and self generated projects and it is working quite well.

     

    I will be doing this while producing this years DEMA video podcasts for UWDV.COM.

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.