Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Just printed a calendar

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Just printed a calendar

8 posts
  1. I am intending to produce a 2008 calendar, one of my many projects.

     

    I just received two copies from www.mpix.com. I downloaded their software, which works very well and ordered two copies. My logic was that if there was a problem with the printing, with 2 copies I could determine if the problem was isolated. My final order quantity will be 250-500 units.

     

    The calendars arrived today. I must say, the quality was absolutely horrendous. Streaks, banding, dithering. One B&W shot has huge orange tinted bands running through it. I'm not sure I would even give these away.

     

    On to the next printer. Next up, Shutterfly or Kodak Gallery, plus a "real" short run printer.

     

    More later.

  2. scorpiofish, Keep us posted when you find a decent printer. I've been thinking of doing something like this to send out to friends instead of the usual boring xmas card.

  3. I remember a thread where bmyates was doing calendars. I bought one, and it looked great. You may want to contact him.

    Edited by loftus
  4. I used Kodakgallery (ofoto) in the past for calendars and was really happy w/ the results. It was regular photo printing on matte photo paper... They were a bit pricey though.

     

    James

  5. I did a calendar with mpix and was quite pleased. The print was high quality with good color and contrast.

    I just ordered one as a test and now am ready to order more. Now I'm nervous...

  6. Qoop is great, fairly cheap for short run. It's tied into Flickr and others.

     

    Qoop

     

    I've been doing calendars for Christmas presents for some time now. It's gotten a little crazy, once you add someone to the list they expect it every year! I used to use Shutterfly, but although they have a lot of options (captions and so forth), the print quality is muddy. The Qoop ones are much better and cheaper.

     

    Jack

  7. Check out www.digi-labs.net. They have printed our calendar the last four years and the quality is always excellent. The first year we had a problem with one corner with a bleed and they reprinted the whole thing for free in two days.

     

    Kathy

  8. Check out www.digi-labs.net. They have printed our calendar the last four years and the quality is always excellent. The first year we had a problem with one corner with a bleed and they reprinted the whole thing for free in two days.

     

    Kathy

    Every year we do a calendar and use Sony Imagestation. Good quality but much more affordable than QOOP i.e $13 for 11 x 17 calendar 12 months.

Ultralight Control Systems

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.