Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Recommendations needed for S2 lenses

Started by jnsgonda ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Recommendations needed for S2 lenses

3 posts
  1. Hello all,

     

    I just ordered a Fuji S2 and need to decide on lenses. What are your suggestions? Is the 12-24 EX going to be available as planned (April 2003). Also would this lens work with Ikelites wide dome port? I want an array of lenses which would be practical for above as well as below water. So far, from reading peoples posts, I was looking at the following:

     

    Wide: Sigma 14mm

    Macro: Nikkor 60mm micro

    Nikon 18-35 (?)

     

    Any other suggestions concerning the S2 would be appreciated.

     

    Thanks for all your help,

     

    John

  2. I have the Nikon 60 mm, and the Sigma 14 mm lens you mentioned , I’m please with both on my S2.

     

    I also bought the Sigma 28- 300 mm lens for a all around vacation lens. I wasn’t impressed with the performance and sold it.

     

    I bought the Tamron 28-300mm Ultra Zoom XR f3.5-5.6 (IF) Macro and it’s a much better

    lens than the Sigma, I’ll keep this lens, you can’t beat the versatility.

     

    Marc

  3. I use the S2 with the Nikon 60 mm and for the wide angle needs I recommend the Sigma 15 mm

    fish eye: It's much cheaper than the Sigma 14 mm (actually half price), It's lighter, smaller,

    and it's a very sharp lens too. Here is a review about the lens:

     

    http://www.bythom.com/15lens.htm

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.