Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Viewfinder magnifier

Started by andrew73 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Viewfinder magnifier

4 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    I find that shots that appear good in the LCD post shot ends up being fuzzy when I'm editing it on the computer. Therefore, I've decided to find a magnifier like the Subal one but for an Ikelite housing a Fuji S2Pro. Has anyone gotten one done before and if so, any chance of a photo of it? I prefer it to be detachable so I don't have to repluck my foam pieces in my hardcase.

     

    Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks!

     

    andrew

  2. Is this what you had in mind? It can be done by most of the equipment sponsors on this site.

     

    Phil

    post-2618-1191077124_thumb.jpg

  3. Thanks, Phil, that's what I'm looking for. I've managed to source someone who does it here in Singapore. I'm trying to ask them to perhaps make it internal as there's some space inside the housing where the viewfinder is.

     

    Thanks again! By the way, the one in the pic isn't detachable, right?

     

    Cheers! :)

  4. The Inon angle finder (which is identical to the one in the image) is detachable on Nexus housings, so it should be on Ikelite if the connection is built the same way. You unscrew the inner, knurled, retaining ring and pull the finder out.

     

    But...

     

    ... have you just got a sharpening problem?

     

    Or a port/lens mismatch?

     

    What happens in AF (go on, it can't hurt just to try it as an experiment)?

     

    Tim

     

    B)

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.