Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

going digital

Started by nrssp ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

going digital

11 posts
  1. Hi folk's, i am currently using ike housing with my nikon n90s, which has been great.

    i now want to go digital, but keep the use of my current lense's.

    i am going to go with the nikon d100 and the new ikelite housing due out in mid april.

    should i get the new ds line of strobes or some other brand ?

     

    any help or advise in this new venture of mine would be great.

    many thanks nrss.

  2. NRSS,

     

    I highly suggest you look at the Fuji S2pro body as an alternative to the D100. It uses the same body/lens mount, but has a few other features that make it a "better choice" for underwater use.

     

    I am biased of course, because I use the S2 and love it. If you care to read a review about my experience w/ the camera and the Ikelite housing click on the link for "Reviews"

     

    You will be able to use most of the lenses from you N90S system but you may want to try a different lens on the wide side. Believe it or not the 16mm fisheye or the Sigma 15mm fisheye are very popular.

     

    For strobes - you use any strobes with the S2 in TTL, but you are limited to manual strobe control with the D100. In that case, you MAY want a strobe with more than 3 power settings.

     

    hope that helps,

    James Wiseman

  3. I second all of James' advice. If you're committed to the Ike housing you should be considering the S2.

  4. And all of the ports NRSS owns will work on the S2 housing............

  5. Hey Ike, is that octopus logo supposed to look like it's winding up to punch someone??

     

    Just curious.

  6. HAHYAHAHA!

     

    I never noticed that. Was that your idea, Ike? :huh:

  7. Speaking as a marine biologist I'm more concerned that it only has 4 arms!!

     

    Have I discovered a new species?

  8. Have I discovered a new species?

     

    'Iketopus' or maybe 'quadopus' ? :huh:

  9. I think we should call it "Quadpodus Ikerae" ;-)

     

    Simon

  10. The elusive Quadipus Ikerae:

     

    A nocturnal cephelapod, the 'quad' is often persued by the California 'photosapien', looking for images of its golden orange coat.

     

    This creature is revered and feared by most, and quite tasty marinated in a beer batter and deep fried in small slices...

     

    Unwary prey will often fall victim to its relentless right hook.

     

    post your addition...

  11. Holy cow...a mid week bender for a couple of you. Slow out there right now?

     

    Quite humourous though! Thanks I needed the laugh.

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.