Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Someone wiped my websit clean

Started by scorpio_fish ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Someone wiped my websit clean

11 posts
  1. Saturday someone logged into my website with the password and erased everything, including the database. Everything. The IP was from Russia, which doesn't mean much.

     

    Why do people do that crap?

  2. I'm really sorry to hear about that George - that sucks. As for the why I have heard them say "because I can."

     

    James

  3. Sorry to hear that. I hope you have it backed up.

     

    Any ideas how the vandals got your password?

  4. Sorry to hear that. I hope you have it backed up.

     

    Any ideas how the vandals got your password?

     

    No, that's the problem. Now I've gone into full paranoia mode. I've spent the morning changing every password to everything I've got a password for, well, maybe not Wetpixel.

     

    The only backup still around is very old, we are still searching for a copy. A backup was done automatically AFTER it was wiped clean, ergo it overwrote the last good backup.

  5. That is such a nightmare. I hope that you find a backup somewhere. I'm going to do a backup right now.

     

    Alex

  6. :D
  7. Bastards!

    Try the www.archive.org, maybe they store some version of the site.

  8. I will never understand why people do this. I suggest contacting your hosting company because if they are worth their money they will be keeping regular backup of their servers. They might have a complete backup for you and be able to restore it from their backup media

  9. WOW, if some Nugget in Russia can do this, imagine what government agencies can do with all of our informnation all over the place.......scary!

    Hope you get back up and running soon.

     

    George ´CamDiver´Orwell

  10. Not that I'm into conspiracy theories but what would the multi-billion dollar anti-hacker/virus companies do without malicious people out there with too much time on their hands.

    As I lost several years of photos once due to a faulty backup strategy and drive, I feel your pain. sorry for your loss.

  11. I'm really sorry to hear about that George - that sucks. As for the why I have heard them say "because I can."

     

    James

     

     

    This is the truth. Sorry to hear about your loss. You must feel violated. My deepest sympathies.

     

    Michael

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.