Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Call for HD(V) Shark Footage

Started by CamDiver ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Call for HD(V) Shark Footage

12 posts
  1. Hi All,

    I´ve been approached by a production company for shark footage. At this precise moment in time I am a million miles from my archives so can´t really help out. These are people I have dealt with in the past, are highly professional and are paying industry rates. That said the footage requirements are high on the quality side of things. For you guys out there who like me work full time in this gig this could be something you would have.

     

    Format Requirements: HD(V) Format prefered NTSC or PAL (50i) prefered

    Minimum Format Digibeta 16:9

     

    Subjects:

     

    Zambezi/Bull Shark

    - Pack hunting behavior

    - Dominance, leadership, etc.

    - Feeding frenzy

    - Menacing Bull Shark behavior, possibly centered on human conditioning of sharks

     

    Tiger Sharks

    - Menacing Tiger Shark behavior, possibly centered on human conditioning of sharks

    - Tiger Shark size comparison, with boat & prey fish

     

    Hammerhead

    - Single, large Hammerhead cruising, hunting

    - Menacing Hammerhead behavior

     

    Lemon Sharks

    - Any Lemon Shark material, especially hunting/feeding

    - Also, any footage of Lemon Sharks in mangroves

    - Lemon Sharks (particularly hunting, and/or swimming in mangroves)

    - lemon shark nursery footage

    - lemon shark hunting/feeding in the mangroves

    - lemon shark hunting/feeding in open water

    - smaller lemon shark hiding/swimming in the mangroves

    - Seals above/below the water (illustrating Great White feeding)

     

    Ragged Tooth

    - “Scary looking†Ragged Tooth sharks swimming by

    - “Injured†Ragged Tooth sharks (missing fins, fish hooks left in them, etc.)

     

    Oceanic Whitetip

    - Any “blue chip†Oceanic Whitetip footage, ideally scary, hunting, feeding

     

    General

    - Any footage of non-Great Whites hunting “in the wild†or that looks reasonably close, we want to see them hunt their natural food sources, ideally without human interaction

    - Sardine Run/Bait ball footage

    - Any footage of sharks “using their senses†in the wild (meaning footage where we can see them react to sights, sounds, etc.)

    - Any footage of sharks hunting that we can “freeze frame†and highlight the senses currently operating

    - Any footage of “destroyed maritime environmentsâ€, such as dead coral reefs, algae blooms, lifeless water, pollution, etc.

    - “blue ocean†footage of open-water sharks (especially Mako or Blue Shark swimming, nothing else in frame

     

    OK, these are serious production people. I´m acting as point man on this so please direct all replies through me directly at camdiver65@gmail.com

     

    I also note that there are some sensationalist headlines / descriptive words for the footage. Please don´t jump on that wagon.

     

    Rate is up to $1400 per minute for well filmed and clear imagery.

     

    It is imperative that the buyer can see demo clips online. That said please upload footage to a web site and forward me the link. I will then, if instructed by the buyer, request that you send in tape of the required sequences. In the mean time I will find out the legalities and conditions of what the buyer expects with regards to the copyright and usage issues and post that asap.

     

    Please be aware that I am on the road at the moment. I will endeavor to check regularly for submitted clips and get back to all those who do submit with eirther the good or the bad news.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Edited by CamDiver
  2. The Rights are as follows:

     

    The client requires World Wide non exclusivity with TV and DVD rights for 7 years.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Edited by CamDiver
  3. Any pike footage ????...Sharks are so yester year !!!!

     

    Simon Spear...Come on Porbeagle boy....

     

    Divesafe

     

    DeanB

  4. Haha Porgies are not on the list! They are often overlooked.......poor Porgies :) Maybe I could pretend they are Mako's? :D

     

    Cheers, Simon

  5. hahahahahaha, pissed meself chaps.....good to keep a realistic take on things, or not!! Simon, can´t talk with regards to Porby footage but can ask. Will let you know.

     

    Pretty amazing really that outside of here I´ve contacted some of the biggest names in UW filming and most have been real gracious. At least some people know when to put personal issues aside. Inside quip Simon not aimed at you mate. Will explain at Antibes.

     

    Just when you thought it safe to go back in the water!!

  6. Same Client - Same Terms

     

    Footage Request Addition

     

    Bull sharks in fresh water / Mangrove environment.

     

    POV from a boat.

    POV underwater.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark

  7. I've got a bullshark playing a banjo at the adult film show in vegas..He was there promoting his film bullsharks do bangkok...Its a small production...

     

    If thats any good I want at least 2000,000 yen per hour...

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(fruity nut loop)B

  8. We´ve already got that clip so no worries.....NOW GET BACK TO WORK!!

  9. Whale Sharks :D

     

    Sounds good Mark if you have the footage.

  10. All my stock is all over the place. Its at times like these that I wish I had a central archive online...working on it.

     

    ALl my archives are in the four corners of the globe. I shipped a load off of Palau before the move as it is just dead weight. Thought I´d save on the excess charges etc. Haha, what was I thinking?

     

    Never any mention of Whale Sharks, their teeth aint big enough!!

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  11. I've got a bullshark playing a banjo at the adult film show in vegas..He was there promoting his film bullsharks do bangkok...Its a small production...

     

    If thats any good I want at least 2000,000 yen per hour...

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(fruity nut loop)B

     

    I'm here in Vegas and that bullshark with the banjo is actually a female in bull's cloths! The show is called La(shark)Cage. GET IT? LOL If you've been here you may have seen the show LaCage, drag. have not seen the film yet. (post it for the twisted, please)

  12. Alright Mark?

     

    gave up on the FCP problem as it seemed that you had a few good bits of advice coming in through the others.....

     

    what's the deadline? I can get hold of the depleted marine environment in a few days......

     

    Let me know, eh?

     

    Hope you're well,

     

    Chris

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.