Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sea and Sea NIKON D80

Started by robsal ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea and Sea NIKON D80

5 posts
  1. I"m moving up from a Sea and Sea Motor Marine II setup to a Nikon D80 setup. I was buying equipment to go to the D50 but my girlfriend bought me a D80 for my birthday so I can't resist in going to the D80. My question is that I"m looking at getting the YS110 strobes with the Sea Arm VII's, and I'm wondering if this is the system to go to. I just went diving in Bahamas with Stuart Coves and they had a sweet set up. The sea arms seemed to colapse towards the body by just pushing them when at the surface. It looked like there was not much adjusting that had to be done once you got them where you want them. Any suggestions is greatly appreciated since this will be my first undewater DSLR rig.

  2. Hi Robsal!

    i own Nikon D80 + Sea&Sea Dx-D80 with Ys-90 autos (2 units) and Ys-250 Pro (2 units). I love this camera and housing. It's very easy to use and very compact!

    I think u will be happy with the system that you want to buy.

    i have no experience with other housing except sea&sea, therefore i cannot give u any information about it.

     

    If you want to look my UW picture, please visit my website

    http://digitalxd1.multiply.com

    All my Underwater pictures there were taken using Dx-D80 and Dx-D50

     

    Cheers

    Andree

  3. Wow! Nice pics those cuddle fish are awsome! What kind of lenses do you use. I was thinking of getting the nikon 10mm fisheye to start with.

  4. I have a Nikon 60mm macro for my D80 and I am really happy with the results so far.

    post-6578-1191631671_thumb.jpg

    post-6578-1191631724_thumb.jpg

    post-6578-1191631773_thumb.jpg

  5. Nikon 60mm macro is my favorite lens for underwater :D

    sometime i also use nikon 105 VR macro.

     

    Right now, i'm still learning how to use nikon 10.5mm for my wideangle picture ^^ (the lighting is not easy)

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.