Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Video for Power Point Presentation?

Started by seagrant ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Video for Power Point Presentation?

6 posts
  1. Hey all,

     

    I'm helping someone who wants to put together a power point presentation. I don't know anything about power point or even much about keynote for that matter (I'm on a mac always).

     

    Anyway she usually puts together slide presentations in Power Point about dolphin/otter rescue, rehab and release. I told her I think she can add video to her Power Point presentation - I have some u/w video clips I've done for her of the prosthetic tail they are fitting on Winter the dolphin and how she swims underwater with it, etc. It is the only footage of it.

     

    So how do I help her produce a Power Point presentation with my video clips?

     

    I think I need to save my video clips edited in iMovei 08 (or I can put it in iMovie 06 for that matter). Do I save them in .avi format? Or .mpeg4 format? Or ? Do I have to worry about size of file for her Power Point? Scale it to a certain size?

     

    OK so I put whatever file on a CD and give to her. Any simple tips I can give her on dropping the video in a Power Point presentation? Remember I've never worked with PPT, but she has - only slides though.

     

    Any advice greatly appreciated. I need help if anyone can as soon as possible.

     

    Thanks Tons, Best, Carol

  2. Any advice greatly appreciated. I need help if anyone can as soon as possible.

     

    Thanks Tons, Best, Carol

     

     

    You can embed the video as an element in the PowerPoint slide and it should run okay. Playback will depend on the codec the machine has and the machine itself. .avi may be the easiest/most compatible, but you may have other options. (I have used PowerPoint on both Mac and PC, has been a couple of years since last PC project so it is a bit cloudy or different but should work)

  3. Thanks Drew I'm working on it now to give to her tomorrow.

     

    I suspect her computer system (non-profit org) may not be up to it so I'm giving her .avi files and just static pictures for slides too in case she runs into problems with the video. As you noted I wish I could do the Power Point for her but it is a very vague pgm for me too. I'll tell her how you said it can be embedded in depending on things......

     

    I wish she would just play a DVD separate while doing the Power Point that I understand how to do but the conference might just be set up for PowerPoint presents - I don't know.

     

    It is a 15 minute presentation all about this prosthetic tail that everyone is most interested in (including Winter the dolphin herself as she seems to have a lot of fun learning to swim with it - something new! I'm right there watching her a lot and she is very interested in her "tail") :)

     

    Thanks again for the help, Carol

  4. Thanks again for the help, Carol

     

     

    NP, let me know if you need any other help. If you want I can embed a page for you, let me know the size/type and I willl make something with "placehere.avi" and you can just name the file if you like. The page should probably be openable (is that a real word?) and place where they need it.

  5. OK, I'll print this out and ask her tomorrow.

     

    I'm assuming that a sound file along with the .avi might not play in power point?

     

    I guess I can put the .avi together both ways., sound and no sound.

     

    Thanks again Drew, this is great advice and Abby or myself may be contacting you tomorrow or the next day or so for "embed" instructions. :)

     

    Carol

  6. Thanks again Drew, this is great advice and Abby or myself may be contacting you tomorrow or the next day or so for "embed" instructions. :)

     

    Carol

     

     

    NP will be around. Let me know.

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.