Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Anyone at NEC Dive Show 2007

Started by rodriguezfelix ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Anyone at NEC Dive Show 2007

11 posts
  1. Hi I wonder if anyone is going to be at the NEC Dive Show in Birmingham and will be watching the "Shark in Focus Competition" judging. If it´s so, can somebody post some info about it? I been following this contest but judging and some results will be at this show...

     

    I could go, but been serious miles away right now from England I doubt it....

     

    Thanks!

  2. Right - John Bantin posted that he is going.

     

    John, can you take some photos of the finalist prints? I'd like to see how they came out and how many were chosen.

     

    Cheers

    James

  3. I'll be there aswell, so I'll remind Zoe to take a camera and I'll try to post a few shots on Sunday.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  4. I'm going to be there on the Sunday................... but I've had to promise mrs ralphy that I won't be buying anything this time!

  5. I am going on Sunday too.

     

    Alex

  6. HI ,

     

    I will be their on Sunday, hopefully with Jarret

     

    Andy

  7. We went yesterday (Sat) and although we had a look at the Sharks in Focus display we forgot the camera! Some nice photos there for sure. The overall winner was a shot of an Oceanic White Tip and although I met him I can't remember the photographers name!

     

    Cheers, Simon

  8. Just back home after a long day at the show...........

     

    It's amazing how many people you 'bump' into; despite the crowds it just goes to show how small our community is sometimes.

     

    I travelled there on my motorbike - as it limits how much I can carry back - and it worked! All I bought was an SMB & a reel, that's a record for me!

     

    IMO it's a far better show then LIDS - but you still need a second mortgage to get something to eat & drink..........:)

  9. I went, didn't see Alex etc, but did get depressed at the amazing quality of the BSOUP exhibition - and the way my entry in "Sharks in Focus" had been mounted upside down...

     

    ... I console myself that's the reason I wasn't a winner!

     

    And I ordered a drysuit to replace my venerable and leaky Otter Britannic.

     

    Tim

     

    B)

  10. I went, didn't see Alex etc, but did get depressed at the amazing quality of the BSOUP exhibition - and the way my entry in "Sharks in Focus" had been mounted upside down...

     

    B)

     

    I'm not sure yours was the only one that was mounted the wrong way up!

Aquatica

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.