Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Underwater Quicktime Clip

Started by wagsy ·

  • 12Posts
  • 12Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater Quicktime Clip

12 posts
  1. Quicktime files on a PC can sometimes be a pain to make and the results may not look too good.

     

    Well not if you have EIDUS.

     

    Here is a 40 meg QT H.264 (1.5mbps) one I rendered straight out of a EDIUS HDV timeline in one straight easy go.

     

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/videos/under.mov

     

    Whats it look like on ya MACS?

  2. Looks good on this one!

     

    Good stuff mate.

    Mark.

  3. Wags,

    It downloaded instantly on my Mac and the resolution is fantastic. Really good stuff.

    Steve B)

  4. Quicktime files on a PC can sometimes be a pain to make and the results may not look too good.

     

    Well not if you have EIDUS.

     

    Here is a 40 meg QT H.264 (1.5mbps) one I rendered straight out of a EDIUS HDV timeline in one straight easy go.

     

    http://www.hdvunderwater.com/videos/under.mov

     

    Whats it look like on ya MACS?

     

     

    Looks stellar, I really need to get into water that clear with all those things I do not get to see. Keep them coming :)

  5. Maybe about 4 minutes of download on my slower DSL, but looks fantastic!

     

    BTW, I keep forwarding your links to a friend who is just starting up in the HD realm of video. He thinks your stuff is awsome!

    Edited by IMSushi
  6. Looks great Wags

  7. What's the word...???...oh yeah...JEALOUS!!! :D Awesome footage. I am just getting into the HD realm. Just got back from Bonaire with my new set-up, HC-7 and Gates...I've got a lot to learn! :)

     

    Your footage looks perfect on my Mac Book.

     

    John

  8. Well I'm certainly happy at all those comments...thank you. :D:)

     

    No one ever taught me how to shoot underwater nor have I read or watched anything on the subject. Through trial and error I kind of worked out what kind of works. I don't think much about what I do...I just do it...and if I inspire others to go and film the underwater life or improve their shots then that's even better. :)

     

    That clip was a mixture of FX1 and A1 and although the larger 3 CCD are better it shows you still can get great shots with the little ones... :)

    Edited by wagsy
  9. What are you still doing posting mate? Thought you were off around Australia for 40 days and 40 nights with the Japs?

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  10. Not yet....drinking bourbon instead.

    November 7th it starts. :D

     

    What about you..hows the office life.

     

    Up at Kuranda today getting some shots of the train for a guy in Sydney who's doing a promo for Queensland rail.

    Such a wonderfull spot up there. I think more people got off the two trains than live in Exmouth...ha ha...

     

    I'm going up there again on Monday to get some shots of the famous water fall bridge in one of those little 4x4 with train wheels...toot toot.. :)

    Edited by wagsy
  11. I guess its OK here for a short while. Basically attending presentations by pretty much every scientist that has used the CritterCam technology, Animal Borne Imaging units, over the past 15 years. Three days jammed full of talks. Good chance to meet a lot of the people I'll potentially be working with in the coming years.

     

    Things are also taking shape for S. Africa. May be down there sooner than I thought. Fingers crossed.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  12. Lovely stuff Wags. I can see that your breath-hold ability definitely gives you an advantage. I'd have definitely been huffing and puffing in the middle of a couple of those clips. The slow pull-out from the lionfish eye is fantastic. What port did you use for that?

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.