I have bought something like 3 or 4 masks in the last few months trying find a good one for photography. In my case I have a Nikon F80 housed in a Sea and Sea NX-80 and need to get close to the eye piece to take a good pic.
Any advice on what you would recommend. I expect it would have very low volume, and no leaks ( arrg...leaks with camera's - real fun stuff)
Mares or Cressi Sub FREE diving are really nice .VERY VERY low volume and you can get the skirt in ALL black to help block out unwanted light.
I use an Oceanic Shadow. Frameless, extremely low volume, single window and black. I tested it against a ScubaPro frameless and the Oceanic had better peripheral vision. They now make two versions.
I'm not supposed to use Oceanic gear, but I'm not giving it up.
I use a Mares "Opera" with the "Tech black" skirt, so that I look all studly and "technical" :freak: It has a reasonably low volume, the de rigeur black skirt, and sits close enough to my eyes that I can see through the viewfinder on my Ikelite housing. Another decider for me was the easy availability and installation of prescription lenses.
The one that fits your face; and dosen't leak. In my case that would be the Scubapro Frameless. I use to always check masks anytime that I would be in a dive store. Now that I have the Scubapro I no longer pay any attention to new masks.
thanks.
I have the shadow, which is nice for normal dives, but I find that the glass is still far from the face. I have also cressi-sub goggle type, which get me closer to the eye piece,( makes me look like a real dork though ! )
thanks............ will check it out.
Using the new Mares X vision.
The up/down vision is better them my scubapro framless.
But the horizontal views losses out just by a bit, but the X vision is more comfortable.