Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Underwater NSW Australia

Started by jonny shaw ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Underwater NSW Australia

8 posts
  1. Hi Jon

    Well done for the little HC1.

     

    There are certainly things you can improve on but that's all up to you like white balance and auto focus was hunting in and out.

     

    Not sure what NLE you use but play with the contrast and colour abit and you will find you can improve the image.

     

    That was a nice music track, whats it called?

    How cold was the water :)

  2. Thanks Wags,

     

    Some of that footage is a bit older, I actually don't use auto focus too much now, white balance I'm definatley getting better but still get the footage either going a little too pinky / green sometimes. One thing I do have trouble with is exposure, I reckon I over expose a fair few shots, especially reflective species like Grey Nurse sharks, the exposure lever on the HC 1 is hard to control quickly and acurately...

     

     

    Use FCP, don't really ever mess around with contrast but will give it a go. Normally try colour correction then mess about with saturation.

     

     

    Music was from a Royalty free cd from akm music, was $20 for 10 tracks.... only abut three were any good, but still pretty cheap.

     

     

    Water temp 17C to a balmy 23C....

    Edited by jonny shaw
  3. Hi Jonny,

     

    yes, very nice footage!!!

     

    Where exactly did you take it? I am not very good in Australias geography.... :-)

  4. It was all taken within a four hour drive from Sydney, most of it was a dive site called Shelly Beach here in Manly.. Great little shore dive and only two mins from my house.

     

    J

  5. Nice stuff. Enjoyed seeing it.

     

    Alex

  6. Jonny - Stage6 doesn't seem to like the mac anymore. Your film crashes as soon as it has finished buffering on both safari and firefox. It was doing the same the other day on another film by RogerEve.

     

    Is anyone else with a mac having the same problem? Stage6 always used to work great - it's only been the last couple of days that this has started.

     

    Cheers, Simon

  7. It just worked fine on my mac, but I did have problems with Rogers... it does seam to have started a couple of days ago. Lets hope its gets sorted, I actually really like Stage 6 so fingers crossed.

     

    Do you know if Roger has a mac or PC, wonder whether it is actually the uploading / converting of quicktime files or whether it is just viewing on a mac

     

    Jon

Isotta

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.