Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Which Photoshop plug-ins do you use?

Started by Dan Schwartz ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Photoshop plug-ins do you use?

10 posts
  1. OK, my favorite is one I was a beta tester for: Full Spectrum RGB from Tribeca Labs, which fixes the blind spot at the edge of the blue gamut, restoring deep purples.

     

    What is your favorite plug-in?

     

    Did you formerly use a 3rd party plug-in, only to have its functionality picked up by Photoshop itself?

     

    DISCLAIMER: My photo is on the Full Spectrum RGB shrink-wrap package.

  2. Photokit Sharpener

     

    Digital Light and Color's Color Mechanic Pro

  3. Noise Ninja - way better than PS noise reducing filter. I have a bunch of Nik plug-ins but do not use them much.

  4. Yea Jeff I like noise ninja too but I don't think I've spent enough time figuring it out - a little complex. Still I use it on many u/w photos now - it is a must for me if I have shoot w/o strobes!

     

    I've been tempted to try noiseware but I want to try it before to see if it a little easier for me than noise ninja.

     

    Or maybe I'd just better read the whole user's guide on noise ninja........ :) ...... not! (why would I do that???) :D

     

    C

     

    Oh I also used to use Focus Magic and liked it a lot for certain u/w photographs. But now it doesn't run natively on my Intel mac so I don't use it anymore.

  5. Neat Image and or Noise Ninja

    Nik Color Efex Pro Select Eddition

    Currently using Photoshop CS2

  6. I use Noise Ninja and Colour Science I2E.

     

    Cor

  7. I use most the for grain Surgery for noise reducing

    And of course the KeywordsEditor for enter images's metadata and make some sense in my collection (after all I wrote it -_- )

  8. The only 3rd part plug-in that I have installed is a Tone Mapping plug-in from Photomatix (apart from a custom designed exif data panel which I use on-line for database extraction). I don't often use tonal remapping but on occassion it lifts an image extremely well. It needs subtle use though!

  9. Paul, I looked up the Photomatix Tone Mapping plug-in -- Do you work in HDR (32 bit) color depth?

     

    The only 3rd part plug-in that I have installed is a Tone Mapping plug-in from Photomatix (apart from a custom designed exif data panel which I use on-line for database extraction). I don't often use tonal remapping but on occassion it lifts an image extremely well. It needs subtle use though!
  10. Hi Dan

     

    Sometimes! Have a look at www.paulkayphotography.co.uk and you'll see some examples (above water). I tend to use it when I think that HDR will give a better but still natural result - its very easy to overcook images and produce very unatural results - generally in lower light conditions. I intend to shoot some images with HDR in mind, underwater but the visibility this year has been atrocious here and I've been involved in other projects (video which precluded shooting enough stills but pays well!).

AOI

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.