Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

If you are in London during the next couple of weeks

Started by Alex_Mustard ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

If you are in London during the next couple of weeks

7 posts
  1. For the underwater photographer there is a lot going on in London during the next couple of weeks. So if you are nearby (or just searching for lost luggage at Heathrow) you may be interested in checking out some of these events. I would expect there are a few tickets left for both, but am not sure.

     

    This weekend (20-21st) is the Visions in the Sea Conference. Wetpixel's James Wiseman is flying in to speak - although he is coming drinking with me on Friday night - so maybe he won't be to coherent! -_-:wub: Although I think I'll be worse for my talk on the Sunday if England continue to defy form and expectations in the RWC.

     

    Other speakers include: Amos Nachoum, Michael Aw, Tom Peschak, Charles Hood, Tony White, Matt Oldfield, Constantinos Petrinos, Fred Buyle, Brendan O'Brien, Chris Williams and Fred Woodcock.

     

    Then during the following week, it is the Award Ceremony and opening of the BBC Wildlife Photographer Of The Year competition (25th) at the Natural History Museum. I am sure there will be a few Wetpixel members involved in that.

     

    And following on from that is the Wildphotos Event on Friday and Saturday (26-27th). This is a wildlife photography conference with a strong focus on the business side - with much content covering publishing, agencies and stock. For specific interest to the underwater photographers are talks by BBC cameraman Doug Allen, Nat Geo photog Tim Laman and me - although not all concentrating on UW footage. There are many big name nature photographers presenting including a special presentation by Frans Lanting.

     

    All that - and not a captive dolphins in sight!

     

    Alex

  2. Well I WAS going to come along...But if I can't breakout a dolphin with a file hidden in a large tuna cake then sod it... -_-

     

    Sounds amazing though.. especially Doug Allan...One of my U/W filmmaker heroe's...

     

    Dive safe

     

    Dean(just a joke people)B

  3. Might have time. Back in the UK tomorrow. Supposed to be waiting for word from people wanting to buy my equipment as some upgrades are in the pipeline. Will see if I have time.

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

  4. I hope to meet some of you guys. This will be my first visit w/ the UK dive/photo community so I'm pretty excited.

     

    Cheers

    James

  5. I would love to be there...

     

    if only to sit in a dark area of the crowd in my hoodie and ...

     

    ... heckle the mustard and wiseman !

  6. Would have liked to go to both the visions in the sea and the wildphotos events, but already busy elsewhere I'm afraid -_-

  7. I'm going to Visions tomorrow- saturday. Looking forward to James' talk among others.

    If i have a couple of shandies at lunchtime i might even get in the heckling mood.....-_-

Fotosub Shop

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.