I have an aquashot strobe, and a canon S230 digital elph. The strobe is activated by the camera flash, but it must be out of synch due to a pre-flash or something because I get no light on the picture from the aquashot strobe. Has anyone found a way to make this work?? Thanks
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
Aquashot strobe with digital camera???
-
-
I believe the aquashot strobe is made for a film camera and is strictly a slave strobe. So it is firing on your cameras preflash signal before the shutter opens. You might be able to set your camera's internal settings in such a way that fires your cameras internal flash manually. This will stop any preflash signal coming out of the camera and your flash should sync..however, it will always do a full dump of the flash and you'll have no way to control the output. Therefore you'll need to use your camera settings (aperture and shutter speed) to get a properly exposed photo.