Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Editing Websites

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Editing Websites

7 posts
  1. Just curious as to how many people here utilize some of the editing websites available to them. Since I write for the kenstone and lafcpug Final Cut Studio based websites, I am interested in how many from here actually go on there. Both those sites get about 8,000 unique visitors each day and I wondered how many were from here. What other websites are referred to?

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  2. Just curious as to how many people here utilize some of the editing websites available to them. Since I write for the kenstone and lafcpug Final Cut Studio based websites, I am interested in how many from here actually go on there. Both those sites get about 8,000 unique visitors each day and I wondered how many were from here. What other websites are referred to/

    Steve B)

     

     

    When I saw the thread title I thought of Dreamweaver, GoLive and bbEdit ;-)

     

    I go to the kenstone site once in awhile, once in ahwile check out the Cow, go to the Apple site but for the most part really do not use many sites on the internet.

     

    Mostly quick looks, quick look up for common questions, but mostly nope (though I think I have read most of your reviews on kenstone, the first time I saw something there with fish in the pictures, I just HAD to read it ;-))

  3. Apart from here I just hang out on the official Sony Vegas forum, which is a great community of extremely knowledgable and helpful people. There's a lot of expertise there on all aspects of production including cameras, audio, and the business of production.

  4. Steve,

    I use LAFCPUG on occasion. I have yet to receive a reply to a single post I have made there. In contrast, folks on this forum respond immediately to editing questions. I am not sure if I am not part of the "club" there, but I find it frustrating to try and participate and recieve zippo back.

    Thoughts?

    Shawn

  5. I've used Ken Stones site, fast response. Same experience though as shawnh with regards to LAFCPUG.

     

    Mark

  6. Very informative... when FCP first came out with version 1.0 there was absolutely nothing out there. Mary Lynn and I both got our first editing computers and FCP at the same time and spent lots of phone time back and forth trying to figure things out. Then came the 2-pop forums which were a god send but as the years went by they became a bit more commercial and less user friendly tho I still go there on occasion. I have posted on the lafcpug site but usually only when folk on the kenstone site don't have an answer. Sometimes I get responded to from lafcpug and sometime nada. Even tho I write for the kenstone site, I find it almost an immediate way to get a response from the folk on there so, yep, its my favorite.

    Steve B)

  7. Very informative... when FCP first came out with version 1.0 there was absolutely nothing out there. Mary Lynn and I both got our first editing computers and FCP at the same time and spent lots of phone time back and forth trying to figure things out. Then came the 2-pop forums which were a god send but as the years went by they became a bit more commercial and less user friendly tho I still go there on occasion. I have posted on the lafcpug site but usually only when folk on the kenstone site don't have an answer. Sometimes I get responded to from lafcpug and sometime nada. Even tho I write for the kenstone site, I find it almost an immediate way to get a response from the folk on there so, yep, its my favorite.

    Steve B)

     

     

    No one has really mentioned Apple's support discussion area - it's not always right on, but most of the time I feel like I can get my issues solved straight from other people's discussions on Apple's site. Same experience as most here with LAFCPUG, which I learned of from this site (I believe from you Steve), I find it difficult and have asked two questions before and with no response. So, it's my first bet is always Apple.com -

     

    Bryce

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.