Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

German insurance

Started by Arjen Mulder ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

German insurance

11 posts
  1. Morning,

     

    Just moved to Cologne a few weeks ago and I am trying to find a new insurance for diving and camera equipment. In the Netherlands I was very pleased with my 'Schox' continious dive and travel insurance and my camera equipment was insured with the 'Publieke Omroep/DSV Assurantieen'.

     

    The latter was a professional camera insurance that reimbourses all your lost/stolen/dropped or drowned gear for the new value of it. However, if you leave the country, these insurances can no longer be kept.

     

    For the dive insurance I am pretty sure I'll go for DAN (not 100% sure yet) but more important I find the camera insurance. The most that I know only give a percentage of the new value in case of a claim. However, you all know that most of the expensive lenses and body's keep their value for a long time. Not to mention the housings.

     

    Here's what I want to insure:

     

    - Diving accidents, both around the corner and anywhere in the world (of course without any stupid depth or gear limits)

    - Preferably as well normal travel accidents and thefts and all that comes with it

    - All camera and housing gear, total value of around 12000 euro, insured for accidents while diving (dropping it over Ras Mohammed, flooding it by your own stupidity, theft etc) but also if I drop some stuff here in my house. And I want it to be insured for the new value at all times.

     

    I hope that there's anybody with similar wishes living in Germany that can advise me somehow.

     

    Thanks for your help!

  2. hi arjen,

     

    my camera is insured with a insurance from www.kameraversicherung.de ... it covers also for flooding, theft, dropping, stupidness ... just not for nuclear accidents and terrorism if i remember right. and it covers worldwide.

     

    check it out,

     

    serge

  3. Dive Master Insurance has a German arm and has excellent travel, equipment and camera cover. www.dive-master.net . I've used them for many years and always been pleased with the service and policies.

  4. I concur with the Above fishboy Gavin....

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  5. Dive Master Insurance has a German arm and has excellent travel, equipment and camera cover. www.dive-master.net . I've used them for many years and always been pleased with the service and policies.

     

    No Problems with the service? Ok. This is good.

    I read there contract and it tough. For example you have to prove that you handled the camera right and it wasn't your fault, that the camera flooded.

     

    § 3 Kamera- Klausel

     

    Dive Master Insurance Consultants Ltd. leistet im Fall einer zusätzlich abgeschlossenen Versicherung für Fotoausrüstungen und hierfür bereits gezahlter Prämie über die unter § 2 aufgeführten Gefahren hinaus auch Ersatz bei Wassereintritt aus ungeklärter Ursache. Voraussetzung für diesen zusätzlichen Versicherungsschutz ist, dass dem Versicherungsnehmer der Nachweis gelingt, dass die beschädigten Teile der Kamera entsprechend den Empfehlungen des Herstellers gewartet wurden und unmittelbar nach dem Wassereintritt die vom Hersteller empfohlene „Erste Hilfe“ geleistet wurde. Darüber hinaus muss der Versicherungsnehmer die beschädigte Fotoausrüstung so schnell wie möglich einem vom Hersteller anerkannten Dienstleistungsunternehmen zwecks Reparatur überlassen.

  6. Alright guys, thanks for the advice. I am gonna dive into it and hopefully enclose an insurance a.s.a.p.

     

    I'll let you know....

  7. Hallo Arjan,

     

    Can you please send me the website of 'Publieke Omroep/DSV Assurantieen'? I can't find it on Google.

     

    I have my camera insured with Schox (but only up to 5000 Euros).

     

    Groet,

     

    Vincent

  8. Hi Vincent,

     

    Here's the URL: http://www.dsv-insurance.nl/

     

    Ask for Maarten. You can ask him to look for my old policy (Arjen Mulder, Nuenen).

  9. Dankjewel!

  10. We use D.E.P.P, they will insure dutch people just fine and are a wellknown player in the UW insurance field. Plus..the dollar is really favorable :D (sorry US guys).

     

    Cor

  11. An update, beter late then never:

     

    I signed up with www.kameraversicherung.de and the policy looks very solid.

     

    The insurance is very comparable to the Publieke Omroep/DSV Assurantieen one and covers any stupity (which is the main reason of flooding).

     

    So far didn't claim anything (Thanks God) but feels secure.

     

    Price: for 15.000 worth insured costs 357 euro a year, incl. VAT

Reef Photo & Video

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.