Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Sea&Sea YS50 and Digital Cam.

Started by Neopreneninja ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Sea&Sea YS50 and Digital Cam.

2 posts
  1. As a Newbie UW-Fotogrefer I have had the luck af geting my hands on a YS 50 really cheap..and was hoping to use this to it's fullest but I have no exp. regarding exernal Strobe use..

    I did have a Niknos V and a 102..but they used the same in-camera metering and had a cable.

    The new P&S Digital's have Otical cabels and slaves strobs..I might be wrong on that bit! but that's what they look like to me...

    My Question is how to use this set up the best(Fuji F31fd+UW-house)? since it's not one of the New digital Strobs..does this have any thing to say? Couldent I just fit a Otical cable and get the same results ??

    plus is it possible to get rid of the cable ??

    Read some post on Strobs..that it's better with lots of settings!? is it possible to ad a setting adjuster to the YS 50 ??? (a swich ore two::1/2, 1/4 power settings) Ore is a addet difuser/filter enough ??

    What Is the range of this old strobe?? also regarding macro and wide angle shots??

    I konw that I'm FULL af questions but this is the first and only real place I've ever seen to get them out there...

    :) Thanks up front for any advise..It's allways fun to try and get the most out of one's gear.... :)

  2. Has anyone done this mod to a YS-50 and used it in optical slave mode? It seems like it would succeed at allowing a pre-flash, I suppose the other option would be to disable the pre-flash if you are lucky enough to have a Canon with chdk

     

    crap wrong thread, but this is the mod:

     

    http://www.devilgas.com/diving/ys50ttl/ys50ttl.asp

    Edited by winte.r

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.