Hello Everyone,
I'm in a quandary about which system to upgrade to and was hoping someone (actually lots of someones) had experience and/or opinions they would be willing to share.
I've been into UW photography for many years starting with my 35 mm MMII. It was a great workhorse and served very faithfully until its motor finally died and I replaced it (unfortunately without a lot of research) with a Sea & Sea DX3000G (Ricoh 3 mp camera). I've been unhappy with my results (few controls and poor metering) with this system essentially since I got it. Now I've finally decided to upgrade and I'm fairly lost.
Canon G9 or Nikon Coolpix 5100, in an Ikelite housing with dual strobes and wide angle lens. Alternatively I'm also looking at the DX-1G with dual strobes & wide angle.
I'm also open to other ideas and seriously have considered the D80 but that's just a bit overwhelming technology and cost.
I dive primarily in the Pacific Northwest (drysuit and dry gloves) but usually take a tropical (yeah naked hands!) dive trip annually.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Brian