Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Jelly fish footage needed

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 14Posts
  • 14Replies

Read-only discussion

Jelly fish footage needed

14 posts
  1. This could be some good money to the person who has it....let me know

    " with the show CSI:NY, and I'm contacting you because

    we are looking for some stock footage of the Irukandji jellyfish. We need

    the footage on HD,1080,D5 if possible."

     

    Steve B)

  2. Wags, pmooney and the "Boys from Oz" should be all over this one. They get those little buggas all over the place down there.

     

    Happy Hunting,

    Mark

  3. No contacts from anyone yet....I'm surprised.

    Steve B)

  4. This could be some good money to the person who has it....let me know

    " with the show CSI:NY, and I'm contacting you because

    we are looking for some stock footage of the Irukandji jellyfish. We need

    the footage on HD,1080,D5 if possible."

     

    Steve B)

     

    I'd check with www.thoughtequity.com They are the stock house for Nat'l Geo. Did you catch the special on the little bastards? It was HD Discovery Channel or Animal Planet. Great special on the illusive box jelly, large and small. I was shocked to find out they can pursue and chase. One bite and you won't care if you got the shot. The most toxic animal in the sea by a long shot. A Navy Seal was bite off the coast of Florida!

    Regards,

  5. Little bastards....Not very friendly

     

    Navy seal..... The navy used dolphins but seals ??? Its becoming a circus..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

  6. O HUH..been washing me bike. :D

     

    Probably have some on DV 4.3 but not HDV.

    Remember filming some once upon a time while Floppy Sharking.

    I'll have a quick look in me archive book.

    Peter is on his was to Thailand.

     

    Summer is coming here in Cairns but all the nasties hang out in the coastal dirty water here. I remember some guys a few years ago taking out a captured Box Jelly to a pontoon and filming in the clear water.

  7. Thats what you need to do mate, catch one of the sweeties and take it to clear water. Its always the big and, or, dangerous that sell. Shame because Nudies are so appealing!!

     

    Cheers,

    Mark.

    Edited by CamDiver
  8. I got loads of footage of nudists...Just got to wait to get them back from Scotland yard...Those boys in blue have no sense of artistic value..

     

    Dive safe

     

    DeanB

     

    Mark..hows it going are you in Antibes yet ????

  9. Well, however finds their footage, contact me at steve-sharksdelight@cox.net. This is for a CSI tv show. The sooner the better.

    Steve

  10. Well look what I found

    Only DV 4.3 though.... :guiness:

     

    jelly.jpg

     

    jelly1.jpg

  11. Contact these guys.

     

    Digital Dimensions

     

    This is a link to their Killer Jellyfish show.

     

    They have lots of vision shot in real HD.

    Edited by pmooney
  12. Well look what I found

    Only DV 4.3 though.... :guiness:

     

    jelly.jpg

     

    jelly1.jpg

     

     

    Holy whale: That may be the luckiest snorkler on the planet. Take her to the casino! Is that real? Or photoshop? I'd like to see that. Also, is she OK? I hope.

    Regards,

  13. Hey Peter, ya suppose to be on holidays not surfing the net..ha ha...

     

    Thats my Kelly...she is a mermaid so no problems. :guiness:

  14. Nice shots, especially Kelly. Just got back from the DEMA show but before I had left the folks at the studio where CSI is shot had finally found some footage. I didn't ask where. Oh well.

    Steve B)

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.