Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

School of Upside Down Fish

Started by Islandbound ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

School of Upside Down Fish

3 posts
  1. I must apologize for the dark photo. I was trying out a Kenko 1.4 TC on a 60mm and only had one strobe on the camera for the day. I was unable to light the fish very well as a result. These fish were inside a limestone cave about 30 feet. At first I did not notice they were upside down until after I had taken some photos. They were remaining motionless along the base of the walls and would swim away as I approached, all upside down. What are they?

     

    2491020790100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

     

    2294843010100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

     

    2444620550100390769S600x600Q85.jpg

  2. I would go with Cardinal fish of some sort ... I can't help you anymore .. but armed with that info a search on fishbase.org might help you as you know your area you were diving in.

Scuba.com

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.