Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Attn. Edius professionals-Help needed

Started by Steve Douglas ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Attn. Edius professionals-Help needed

6 posts
  1. My friend who, unfortunately will not buy a Mac, and insists on staying with his problematic PC has Edius 4.02 as his NLE. He is trying to output his HDV footage shot on an A1-U to a file or tape that a MAC can utilize. I know nothing about Ediius but he says his exporter plug iin is the Canopus HQ AVI. Final Cut Pro would not accept or open up a short AVI file that he emailed me so I assume that if he had put it out to tape that way, I would not have been able to L & C it for him. Any suggestions?

    Steve B)

    Edited by steve
  2. Final Cut Pro would not accept or open up a short AVI file that he emailed me so I assume that if he had put it out to tape that way, I would not have been able to L & C it for him. Any suggestions?

    Steve B)

     

    Out to tape it is probably back to DV or HDV (Wagsy can probably tell you for sure though).

     

    Have you tried converting using Compressor or FlipForMac? It sounds like the AVI is using a Codec that is not on your machine for FCP. Does it open in QuickTime?

  3. No, I tried dragging the AVI file into QT and FCP but only had a blank, white screen. He was told that he could output it to tape for DV but not HDV which is defeating the purpose. It seems crazy to me to have an NLE that can take in HDV but cannot output it back out.

    Steve B)

     

    How'd that little heart get up there next to the date/time?

    Edited by steve
  4. No, I tried dragging the AVI file into QT and FCP but only had a blank, white screen. He was told that he could output it to tape for DV but not HDV which is defeating the purpose. It seems crazy to me to have an NLE that can take in HDV but cannot output it back out.

    Steve B)

     

    It sounds strange that it inputs HDV but only outputs DV. I am sure Wagsy can add to that. It could be the version of Edius or perhaps the settings for the software?

     

    When the file was output to disc, what Codec was used? It sounds like if you have a blank white screen it is a Codec issue. Perhaps the .avi file was output with an Edius Codec (along the lines if you output a file with AppleProRez and try to play it on another system.) When you open the file and get properties, what Codec comes up?

     

    Try seeing if this Flip For Mac can help.

     

    How'd that little heart get up there next to the date/time?

     

     

    I never knew you cared :D

  5. Steve somebody must luv you.. How did it get there. :D

     

    Well there is a few things he could do.

     

    1. One would be to just change his project settings from HDV to DV after he has finishing editing in HDV and then it will firewire out in realtime to the camera as DV. Then suck it into FCP. He may have to render the timeline if it does not play back smooth or he can just use the export out to firewire setting. This is what I did for a tape I sent into for a TV show.

     

    2. Render out a m2t HDV file with the EDIUS Speed Encoder, use the EDIUS TS Writer and send it back to the camera as HDV and then suck it into FCP.

     

    3. Render out a QT H264 file with Procoder Express if he has QT 7 pro installed.

     

    4. Render out a QT RAW DV file with Procoder Express from the HDV timeline.

     

    I'll have a look to see if there are other methods.

    EDIUS is up to version 4.52 and the update is free.

     

    Hope that helps.

  6. I am pretty sure he is using version 4.02 but that's all I know. I will send him this thread and hopefully he can figure it out. Thanks for the good suggestions. I wish I understood all there is to understand.

    Steve B)

     

     

    Still have no idea how that heart got there.

    Edited by steve
Sea & Sea

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.